Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello.  Are there any non-bear-artist collectors out there reading in this forum?  :hug:  We would love to hear from you.  Please jump in and post anytime bear_wub

You, the collectors are a HUGE reason the bear industry is successful.  Without you our bears would have no homes to share warm bear hugs with.

Come and join the bear family.  Tell us about your collection.  What do you look for in a bear design.

Don't be shy , we are a friendly, and sometimes goofy, bunch here bear_wub  who would love to hear from you...the collector. :pray:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Well you could say I'm a non-bear-collector-artist? I don't collect bears, apart from my wonderful swaps. I just love the making side. It would be lovely like Judi says to hear from all areas of the bear world.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, collectors, I echo Judi's comments - if you're lurking out there, come join us!  We definitely would like input from you!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I collect both artist bears and non-artist bears...  bear_original

Pipa UK

Me too, I've got quite alot of artist bears, Mostly from Uk Artists but i also got the most gorgeous bear by Ann Redomon of Tenderheart Bears who is all white and huge !!!! my biggest bear i have. And i also got a gorgeous pair of bears from Debonaire Bears in America :)
and then the countless amounts of UK artist bears hehe

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Hmmmm.... maybe it should have read non artist bear collectors??  bear_rolleyes 

C'mon you shy lot...you're our other half of the equation...the people that our bears find their loving homes with....  I'm another artist who'd love to hear about your collections!  What draws you to the bears you simply MUST have?  Is it their faces, tootsies, an accesory??  Or is it something about the artist that's reflected in the bear?? 

bear_happy Kim and Pippa, chime in too....why did you collect the bears you have??  Inquiring minds wanna know!  bear_smile

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hmmm... my artist bears are mostly from TT gals... I love pink so pink is good, I also like "cutsie" bears... I have TONS of Boyds bears - I think I have around 100 now.... I have been collecting them for years.  It is hard to explain why I collected the bears that I did... there is just kind of a connection... I am sure we have all had that feeling...  bear_original

Pipa UK

Hmm, Well i love Pandas so Pandas get my attention anyway first most, however i have to like the appeal of the bears face more than anything. does he look into your eyes. does he make you go "AWW" Laura Unrau's bears make me do that everytime i look at one of hers
i prefer smaller bears like around the 10 inch mark because they take up less space which means i can get about 5 or 6 on each bookshelf  bear_laugh  but that wouldn't (and hasn't) put me off buying big bears,  what attracts me is just the overall "cuteness" of a bear. i prefer cute, cuddly, fluffy, soft and thick fur bears as opposed to the old vintage looking bears
i also love a bear that looks like he has a story to tell.. a little boy bear holding his  dog or cuddling his own teddy bear .. or a backpack or something that makes him more "real" (sound a bit like pinnochio there lol)  Bears with big open mouthed smiles always make me smile myself and make me fall in love with a bear so that's another appealing feature.. Paulas (all Bear) bears for example i could just take them all home because of thier smiles  bear_grin they cheer you up and make you wanna cuddle them in  bear_wub

I've also found that i buy from the same artists simply because i like thier style bear_original but if a bear's cute. i'd get him even if i didn't know the artist or bought from them before !

:hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Thanks for the insights  :hug:   I'm the same way... a sucker for a cute face.  I have such a hard time with the for sale section on here...EVERY bear I see I want to bring home!!  Pretty soon I wouldn't be able to fit in my house, but hey..it would be cozy in here! bear_grin

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Me!  But you already know that. 

If there are other collectors out there, come out and talk to us.  You don't have to be an artist to chat.   bear_original

Board footer