Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi.  I think this is such a wonderful place to chat about bears AND to be able to show what we have for sale. 

My question is this:  What are the guidelines for displaying available bears on eBay here in this forum?  I understand there has been some concern about clogging up the message board and/or turning this into an eBay advertisment.  I, too, do not want to see this happen, but do want to share what I have to offer.

I like the idea of having the eBay seller ID available with the signatures with posts.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated?

hugs, Judi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi, it's my understanding that bearmakers are invited to post sales notices for their own work, regardless of the actual, physical location (thier studio on a shelf; at a retail establishment awating sale; on auction at eBay) of that bear.

I think the concern about eBay listings, on this board or any other, is that:

1)  The board will become glutted with brief, link-containing listings, and will quickly morph into a selling and advertising venue, rather than a learning and joining venue, which is why such things are established in the first place.  Intercal has circumvented that problem by providing an entirely separate board -- BEARS FOR SALE -- on which to post sales and promotional notes, thus preserving the main forum board -- GENERAL DISCUSSION -- for just that!... and that

2) People will simply write, "I have a bear on eBay; go here: http.......", including just a link, rather than actual photo and description content, in their sales referral... which does end up looking something like one endless list of classified ads.  No one wants to read that!  It's hard on the eyes.

So, all that to say that -- as long as a person creates a post of class and content -- photo, description, etc. -- it's quite okay to refer people to eBay auctions!

Hope this helps...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Shelli.  That helps a lot!

Board footer