Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00611-2.JPGI am as finished as I think I can tolerate......normally I do embroidery on the paws with the name and some flowers and a date......but I don't even want to do that......and no I did not give her a mouth-on purpose.....

A.  she can't talk back

B.  I got so frustrated messing with the synthetic I figured I better quit while I was ahead.  :/:rolleyes::P

Dilu

PS  it is ok if you guys hate her too....really.....at least the really ghastly koolade purple is toned down by her dress. which by the way I like so I will save that pattern.

You didn't believe me it was this purples huh?

Wonkersly

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Dilu honey,I really like this shade of purple ,it looks wonderful on my monitor and  I don't really see anything wrong with the bear except maybe ,yes,I think she could use a mouth.Maybe just put her away for a bit and then go back when your feeling "fresher".I have a point in almost every bear I make where I just hate the bear but after I work for a while(sometimes days it seems) I finally arrive at something I either can live with or really like.I would never finish a bear if I stopped at the point where I just didn't like him or her.
  Yes I agree her dress is lovely.I hope you give her another chance.Hugs to you and her,Shari.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

ooooh I like her also.  What a pretty colour!  I am sure your DIL  (I think that's why you made her, to give your son's GF a bear?  Or am I barking mad?) will love her!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu, I think she is cute. I like her tiny eyes and round shape head and ears. I like her color too and the flower dress is adorable ! :D
Please give her little mouth bear_tongue Then she will be lovely teddy bear who
can talk back. he he bear_happy or Maybe your gollies will fix her mouth !

Hugs/Marie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OKOK  i will tuck her in the closet behind the mohair for a couple of months-maybe someone who has worked with synthetics can give me  some ideas- I'll make this another topic.....if i get enough help I might be able to finish her......she is for my son's GF,  but there is no set time; Christmas will do....hmmmmm

OK thanks for the idea

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Wow Dilu..she is so bright and cheerful she  knocked my eyes out ! he, he,
Noooo..... I love her brightness..she would cheer any one up for sure...that's what is different about her or should I say unique to her...yes..put a smiley mouth on her ... she is a pretty purpley bear...Winney

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Dilu...she's fabulous...purple is my favorite color...I love her.  It looks like she already has a little grin buried under all that grape fur... bear_laugh

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Maybe if you change the ears position and give him or her a mouth, you will be surprise? Give him another chance bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh, Wonkydoodle she's so cute! I love her and think that you are being an itsy, witsy bit hard on the beautiful girl. Please don't hide her away she can't even call for help.....hint......hint......sit her somewhere where she can feel loved and when you feel you can, give her a gorgeous smile. :)

Jane

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

She is as pretty as a picture Dilu! We make bears in Synthectics too for our child safe bears. I have definitely not done one in some time. Garnet just got my bear room finished for me and bought me a new sewing machine. Yes, Darcy has been sent packing!:lol: No not really but we have taken our room back. I get my synthectics from a lady here in Alberta and the business name is bears and bedtime. I pay around $15.00 1/4 yard Canadian which is about $12.00 US. The fur is wonderful but I hate her shipping practises. Very high.

Hope this helps!

I love your little bear, she is beutiful. Needs a little mouth then complete!

Hugs Louise

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Oh My Dear Dilu,
                                 Please don't hide her away, you would not like that either.She is such a lovely bear and her colour is gorgeous, well, on my monitor anyway.  I think its your hormones again. He He.  Hope you feel a bit better.

Big Hugs Rita xx

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, I think she's sweet. All she needs is a mouth and she will be great.
You did the right thing, put her away and when you come back to her, you will like her much more. Even I'm starting to like my 'ugle' teddy.
Heather

Board footer