Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Those of you reading posts a while ago MAY remember me telling you about having two disasters (in a row in fact!).   The first one being a white bear and me getting carried away with a lilac copic, had to throw her away - she was frightening the kids!!   So sorry, no photo's of her, she'd have only given you all nightmares!! :lol::lol:

Anyway, onto the next - hopefully picture to follow, trouble from start to finish in fact, the mohair was horrible, got to be honest, my machine wasn't happy sewing it, things went from bad to worse - poor thing!!

But I thought rather than throwing this one out, I'd experiment on her - sounds very cruel, but it was only some needle sculpting (haven't done a lot of that) and eyelids, well top ones, Shelli I envy your skills for that tough job!!   And I thought I'd try my new paints too.   They aren't as dark on the bear as in the photo!!:rolleyes:

I'm gonna keep her for reference, and if I need to try something else................
bear118a3ct.jpg

I've had a great time 'messing around!!';)

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

And what's wrong with her???
I think she's adorable!! I love her big nose, and the shading is great. She is sooo hugable!!!
I had to learn that even if I dont like the bear I just made, someone out there will think it's the cutest thing they've ever seen.
Keep her if you like, but I'm sure she would sell. I don' t see a thing wrong with her!!
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aghhhhh Dr. Mengele I presume?  :D

Now, I have looked at her carefully-no it is not a face only a mother could love, It is a good face, a strong face.  I am betting she would be very saleable.  She has attitude.  She doesn't look sweet and fluffy.  She looks strong and opinionated and well she has attitude!  She looks like she haS some things on her mind and want to get going.

Think of her as Oprah,  or Golde Mier or Maggie Thatcher, a strong woman!  and please don't write her off.  I truly mean this.  She is not a disaster, and is worthy of life!  ( well as are all our little teds)
You may not always agree with her, but she will surely let you know her thoughts on any subject.

I say good job Clare!  She is a worthy accomplishment!

Dilu

Clare, I like her.

Dilu

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Here,here!! bear_laugh bear_laugh I echo Dilu in every thought,such a smart lady that Dilu,what would we do without her bear_laugh

Keep her close by Clare if you don't feel like letting her go,I'm sure you will love her and she will let you experiment without any complaint and just continue to love you right back.

Hugs and blessings,Shari.

Deb Upstate New York

I like her! and agree with the sentiments already expressed by others.

I just (last night) tried doing a tiny bit of needle scultping too.  WHOA baby!  Not an easy job at all.  I have several thimbles and other finger protectors, but don't like any of them ... so today I am working with very sore fingers and it feels like a long week today!

I am currently working on a bear that I had considered a disaster.  About six months ago I tossed the head away, and bagged up the rest in a zip-lock.  Looked again after five months and thought I'd give it another try.  An extra 12" x 12" piece for a new head and a little rework and she's coming along nicely.

Kind of the same philosophy as someone gave me once for living through the teen years with your kids ... bury them in the back yard when they're 13 and dig 'em up when their 25.  You'll have a whole new perspective!

Deb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Clare, I love your bear! bear_laugh

You've created a face of unusual character. I think she's beautiful bear_laugh She reminds me of some of the irresistible faces in one of Ted Menten's books.

Deb, I wish I'd known about 'planting' my teens. It makes a kind of poetic sense. With my luck, the dogs would have dug them up early. :lol:

Eileen

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Clare, your bear is wonderful...I can only hope to have disasters as beautiful as she is.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Clare, I don't think that is too bad a disaster at all.  This gal has plenty of character and her own appeal.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Clare, she is beautiful girl bear !!
I agree to Dilu,
"She looks strong and opinionated and well she has attitude!  "
I admire to your work :)

Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I have to agree with the comments made already.  She's lovely, don't throw her away, I'm sure someone will adopt her, and love her.

If only pretty, sweet bears found homes, what would happen to the bears I make? :lol:

I think you need to take another look! I personally love her!

Danni

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh you guys!! :)

I really appreciate all your kind words.   I have decided NOT to embark on new designs before my show and concentrate on my good old faithful patterns for it instead!!:D

If I carry on the way I'm going I'll have nothing on my table!!:lol:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Probably a good idea just before a show!

GOOD LUCK!

Danni

Board footer