Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Well, my website has been hacked into!  I can't believe it.  Apparently these people hacked into the company that hosts my webpage, so a lot of people's webpages got hijacked.

I'll be uploading the webpage again soon, but thought I'd warn you all what can just happen, and give you the opportunity to take a quick look
http://bears.delartful.com

This is just a quote as to what they say on my webpage:
Only we want to say that Arab Hackers can Take Down The Western Sites . .

It's frightening to think that some kid with loads of time on his hands can hack into sights, however when it clearly looks like it's certain religions (you know who I mean!!!) attacking the Western world again, it's even more scary!! 

bear_sad

Danni

sarahjane Brisbane

OMG Danni that is sooo scary I can't believe it!!!! bear_shocked  Some people have too much time on their hands!!!  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

I hope they get it up and running again for you soon....  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

That is unbelievable Danny. I really thought that websites were safe and secure. Just goes to show that nothing is secure these days. Thanks for posting Danny making us aware of what is happening.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Who hosts your site and what are they saying as far as this goes??  They've got to be scrambling to fix their security holes.  I would venture to guess it's a bunch of brats with no ties what-so-ever to the ramblings on your site.  Just bored juveniles with mommy/daddy money to burn on computers.  It's like that old saying..if they only put it towards good

:hug:
~Chrissi

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Danni, that is so awful, it just goes to show what sort of people we are dealing with, when they will hack into a teddy bear site....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah, Danni - who is your web host?????

Good God, that's so scary!!!

I'm so sorry!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

This was the work of an intensely stupid white kid, not some fake Arab hacker squad.  Really people, don't believe everything you're told.  A great many crimes are committed in the world today in the name of Muslims, who have no involvement with those crimes.  I looked at the code on this site and seriously doubt, for a great many reasons, that this is anything more than the work of a friendless 14-year-old who thinks "Wingdings" is a cool font and calling himself Arab makes him look really "bad" so he can scare people.  Don't give him the pleasure of being taken seriously.  And Danni, find a more secure host.

Cheers,
Kelly

Dilu Posts: 8,574

AwwDanni., i am sorry to hear this....it must be frustrating and invasive feeling to you...hope all comes out all right.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Wow..scary scary scary............and enough to make you spit chips as well............wish you could get a return virus that would blow their motherboard up!! Wish we had the police that could track the brats down and then make illegal for them to touch a computer again for 10 years!!! 

OOOHHH what I'd do to the brats if I could get my sewing hands on them......I have wonderful things I could do with needles....ezspecailly felting needles :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Australia

Hehehe you make me laugh - that's funny - you could always stick your strange bears onto them.

I dunno who did this - I dunno who didn't do it.  Apparently one "gang" of young arabs have been doing very similar stuff, and my server was told it looks like their work- so really we don't know who did it.

All I know is I am going to have up load only the index pages - which isn't a hassle...  just a bit concerning.

THe server is fixing the problems - hopefully they'll get it done right!
Danni

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Danni! Gosh that is terrible Hon! I sure hope you can save things and do not have to start from scratch. Thank you for the warning. Danni do you mind me asking who your web host is?

Hugs Louise

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Am I missing something? I can't see anything wrong with your site...... bear_ermm

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Yikes, how creepy!  bear_ermm
Aerianna

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Glad to see your website is back to normal Danni.  I had a peek at it last night when it was messed up.  That was scary and just plain sick.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

What exactly was on it? When I looked the website was as normal.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is awful Danni and makes you wonder how someone would have been able to do this.

Glad that it is back to normal again.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Looks like your bear website is back to normal but your handbag site is still messed up.  I'll have to check back later because I want to see your handbags.  Didn't know you made them.

Australia

Thanks for the reminder Patty, I had completly forgot about that webpage!

Danni

Board footer