Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Celena Oxford

Hi All,

It's been quite some times since I last log into Teddy Talk....wow...I guess I have lots of reading to do now hee hee

I was away on a holiday in UK from 17th September to 30th SEptember 2006....I had  A WONDERFUL time there and UK is BEAUTIFUL  bear_wub  Wanted to share my holiday pictures with my friends here BUT was too caught up with works, the usual closing of accounts then budget work  bear_shocked And then, my sister was hospitalised in Bangkok and that really worried me sick.  Now she is hospitalised in a hospital back in KL, Malaysia and today finally after days of anxiety, worries and panic, she is so much BETTER now  bear_original

On yes, I went to Oxford, Stafford-upon-Avon and Brighton.  And since I know how much our teddy talkers love pictures hee hee...here's some pictures of the places I have been  bear_original I don't think I took it that well.

Views around Oxford, UK
Oxford-1.JPGOxford-2.JPG
Oxford-3.JPGOxford-9.JPG
The_Ashmolean.JPGBridge_of_Sigh.JPG

I did a day visit to Stafford-upon-Avon and have the opportunity to visit the Teddy Bear Museum and
Teddy_Bear_Museum_1.JPG

The Birthplace of William Shakespeare
Birthplace_of_William_Shakespeare_1.JPG
Birthplace_of_William_Shakespeare_2.JPG

Then I went for a two nights three days visit to Brighton  bear_original and I visited the Royal Pavillion  bear_thumb
The_Royal_Pavillion_1.JPG

Brighton Pier & the beach
Brighton_Pier1.JPG
Birghton_Beach.JPG

I've been to other places too like the Botanical Garden, Port Meadows, Toy Museum and many more which I can't remember hee hee (sign of old age).  Watched a few movies there AND also hee hee...had my FISH and CHIPS! yum yum

I hope all of you will enjoy the pictures!  bear_happy

Beary hugs
Celena

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks so much Celena.
That's strange to see some new pictures of Oxford: that reminds me that wonderful year I spent there between july 2003 and july 2004.
Even before i began to read your post, I recognized that big book store in Oxford: Watergate, I think is the name.
I had to go through the town center every single day to go to work. I took lots of pictures there as i loved so much that town center.
It was sort of a fantastic world for me, as there were many students in their school outfits and wearing their gowns at exam times.
Everyday, I was thinking I am lucky to work in such a beatiful place and that was a dream.
Did you have time to visit Oxford's botanical garden? It is the oldest of UK: it is a bit small but so pretty...

Please, send my best wishes to your sister. I will cross my fingers for her to get well soon.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Thank you for sharing your pics with us, Celena. I think they are really beautiful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your holiday.

Sorry to hear of your sister's illness, but equally glad to hear she's doing okay.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great to hear that you have had a lovely holiday and what beautiful photos,  you have shown us.

Sorry to hear that your Sister has not been well and hope that she is feeling much better now.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Welcome back Celena! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Feel free to show us more! (hint, hint,  bear_tongue )
I'm glad you had lovely vacattion and I hope your sister is back to 100% soon! :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Welcome back

Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Celena..Oh I feel a little sad, you were so close to me, I would have loved to have come out to meet you for a while. Where did you stay? I know all of the places in your pictures...isn't the architecture amazing in Oxford!

I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful holiday and glad you enjoyed some good old English fish and chips. Give my best wishes to your sister, I do hope she is fully well very soon.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Welcome back Celina!!  England looks wonderful!!  Thanks for showing us the photos!  You are very lucky to get to go.  xx sarah

Celena Oxford

Hi Sophie, You were so lucky to work there before.  Oxford is really wonderful place  bear_wub Yes, I did visit the Botanical Garden...lovely place!  And there was where I saw an apple tree in REAL hee hee and also a pear tree  bear_tongue I saw squirrels, swan and ducks too bear_original   Some pictures from Botanical Garden  bear_original

Botanical_Garden_1.JPGBotanical_Garden_2.JPG
Botanical_Garden_3.JPGBotanical_Garden_4.JPG
Botanical_Garden_5.JPGBotanical_Garden_6.JPG

Oh dear Jane, we were so closed?  bear_shocked  I was staying in Jericho, Oxford.  Really a MISSED opportunity to meet you  bear_sad  That's so sad  bear_sad  Yes, you are RIGHT...the architecture in Oxford is REaLLY amazing bear_original

THANK YOU! Jane, Sophie, Sandi, Carolyn, Bonnie, Lynette and Sarah for the well wishes for my sister and welcoming me back  :hug:

A bit about my sister's condition...well, yesterday I really thought her blood result would be better as she was looking fine and well...BUT sadly, this morning...the result came out not good.  You see, her SLE flared up recently while she was in Bangkok...and she has to be admitted...because her platelets has dropped to 49,000 at that time.  When she was discharged to come back to Malaysia, it has gone up to 89,000 BUT a day later...she became very ill again...and has to be admitted to our local hospital...and her result was 34,000...a few days back it was 58,000 and today it was 32,000  bear_cry  Doctor said they will need to do blood transfusion if the level hit 20,000.  So sad to see her like this...her body has blue black spots all over...and her arms and hands were terribly blue black due to frequent drawing of blood for the test.  Not sure what i could do now to help her. bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I hope and pray her platelets will go up and stabilised very soon.  I know she is scared inside...  bear_cry

Beary hugs
Celena

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WOW !!!! Thanks for sharing, I feel like I have been on a mini vacation bear_grin  Beautiful pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Bear hugs ... Jodi

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh dear Celena I did not realize that your sister was so very sick. I send many prayers for her to get well very soon.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Welcome back, Celena! bear_flower
Thank you for sharing all your beautiful pictures.  What a wonderful holiday!  I love old architecture.  I'm in awe of the craftsmanship.  They sure don't make beautiful buildings like that anymore.  And oh!  To stroll around those gardens for the day and just watch nature.  Lilypads fascinate me in their perfection.  Here I sit slobbering all over your pictures!!

Thank you again for sharing them. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I'm sorry to hear your sister is so ill.   bear_sad Just being there for her and listening is probably the best medicine for her.  It's horrible to feel so helpless, isn't it?  I'm sorry.

Australia

Celena, I'm so sorry to hear that your sister is sicker now bear_sad  SLE is such a miserable disease...huge hugs and I'm praying for you and your sister.
xx sarah

Celena Oxford

Thank you Jane, Aleta and Sarah for well wishes and prayers for my sister  :hug: REally appreciate it AND she really needs lots of prayers.

Yesterday, she was transferred to another hospital which has a rheumatologist to treat her, the good news was that her platelets has increased BUT the doctor is pumping her high dosages of steroid through IV like the doctor in Bangkok.  A bit scary to think that her platelets could only increased with such dosages  bear_cry In Bangkok the doctor was giving her the dosage of nearly 120 tablets equivalents per day through IV, normally i think ones could only takes up to 16 tablets per day orally...and her face swollen up so badly like a BIG moon and with her bony arms and legs...really tear me up inside to see her like this.  So much crying i did in private as I don't want her to lose hope and become negative over all this.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I really feel hopeless not knowing how to help her...I only could hope and pray God will have mercy on her and heal her soon  :pray:

Beary hugs
Celena

Australia

Honey, I'm so so sorry...I went through the most difficult time with my sister not long ago, she was pumped with high doses of steroids too and her face looked the same way bear_sad  we weren't sure if she would live back then and it was the most scariest thing I've ever been through...I've never felt that sort of fear before.... I'm so sorry that you are going through it...  Stay strong, she needs you and believe me, she will appreciate every bit of love and attention you give her.  hugest hugs!!!  and write whenever you need for support, we're all here for you!  :hug:  :hug: Sarah

Board footer