Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm back to the whole business name thing...sorry...and as much as I like the whole visual of green pasture bears...something about it just isn't working for me...not sure what it is.

But...what do you all think of...are you ready...it's not that exciting...

Apple Bottom Bears...

here's why...one I love apples (to eat not decorate with :))...they are round and rolly polly...for me a sense of wholesomeness...two...that's the way I like my bears too...round and rolly polly...soft and squishy and loveable.  I wanna be able to pick them up and give them a snuggle or two. I feel the same way about quilts.

So tell me what you think?  Be brutal...I can take it!!!  I have teenagers :)

TTFN

Shantell

Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh no...I just remembered...my daughter's friends affectionally call her apple bottom...why you ask...well she's has the cutest (although she would strongly disagree) little bubblebutt. 

Too funny....I can hear her now... MOM!!!:lol::lol:

Deb Upstate New York

Shantell ~

Apple Lane, Apple Road, Apple Orchard Bears maybe?  Design website with a tree or street with trees with pictures of bears for "picking".  ???

Though you have a great mental picture of "bottom", the same word may or may not conjure up a mental image of a not so nice looking rump, or a "bottom of the barrel" kind of thing. 

Just my two cents; I'm sure no expert ... but whatever you choose, you have to be comfortable in it.  I had to choose in a hurry to participate in a craft fair, and chose Making It Bearable (rather than Bearly Making It), but I'm not sure it fits me.  Maybe if I used it more ...

Deb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shantell, i think you are close, but I pictured a bear with an embroidered apple on his bottom. Not sure if I'm in love with it.
My honest answer,
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I like Apple Bottom.  It's easy to remember, its perky, its colorful,

but it doesn't matter if I love it- are you happy?

Dilu

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I hate to say it, but I'm getting a bit of a mental image involving bears with giant red backsides.  Of course, I am a little odd...

I do like apple in the name though, it's a word with a very country cozy feel to it.  Appleseed?  Apple Dumplin' Bears?  Apple of my eye?  Whose Cider You On?  OK, I'll stop now, I don't think I'm helping bear_original 

Good luck!
Kelly

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kelly, you are toooo funny!  However, I really like your suggestion, Apple Dumplin' Bears . . . it's "homey"!

Willamette Valley Oregon

hmmmm...so apple bottom bears is giving you folks a sorta negative vibe.  I actually kinda like Kelly's suggestion of Apple Dumplin Bears...but for the sake of spelling perhaps...

Apple Dumpling Bears ...  which still gives me that warm cozy feeling...and my grandma use to make the best apple dumplings...HMMMMMMMM...Okay now I'm hungry!!!

And...neither pulled up under a google search...

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Applebeary Bears , Applebelly Bears...My Apple Belly Bears...Winney

Willamette Valley Oregon

Okay...I'm kinda likin' Kelly's idea...where's Shelli...she's gotta have a interesting twist... SHELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

There is a familiar ring to Applebeary Bears.  Lisa Applebeary's business name is Applebearies, I think, but I could be a little off.  Might better check that out.

Willamette Valley Oregon

I think living with Libra for so many years has affected my Scorpio decision making.  So...I think I'm going to go with Apple Dumpling Bears or Apple Dumplin Bears.  Now to find the discussion on how I register a domain name, etc.  I know it's here in all this good information somewhere...

Shantell

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Shantell, I like Apple Dumpling Bears - sounds great and it has a lovely cosy, homely sound.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shantell,
I love Apple Dumpling Bears!!!
It reminds me not only of comfort food but of autumn and apple picking and family and tradition.
Oh, how perfect!!! Kelly, you are good!! ;)
Daphne

Willamette Valley Oregon

I did it...I registered a domain name...Apple Dumpling Bears...:rolleyes:

Now what...I have no clue...I'm clueless in Scio!!!

Willamette Valley Oregon

Okay...on a serious note.  I just did a search on web hosting and well there seemed to a bizillion of them.  Can anyone recommend one that is reasonably priced and user friendly, etc.  I'm in no way ready to start a website...gotta have something to put on it first...and my plate is kinda full right now but I would at least like to know where to start when/if I am ready. 

Thanks for any direction you can lead me...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

APPLE DUMPLING BEARS

Oh you are a clever lady too! You and Gina both have wonderful names now.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell,
I love that name
*APPLE DUMPLING BEARS* 
Very sweet name !!

Hugs/Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Just wanted to jump in real quick and say that I also LOVE the new name you've picked out :)

I use Yahoo for my webhosting and domain.... $8.95 per month.... good telephone support too.

Edited to add....

although they do not design websites like Gina's hosting service does!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hmm, would you believe we purchased our hosting from eBay????  It's as cheap as chips, cheaper even. I think it's about $15 US per YEAR!!!

Let me know if you want me to find their info!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Shantell and Gina - good on you both.
The names are great and just want to wish you well in the setting up of your website.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks everyone...feels great to finally have made a decision.  This has been so difficult for me and I'm normally good at decision making...what happened...Dilu's gollies messing with my head or something.  bear_original

I am however a little concerned that my domain registration didn't go through.  I went through the whole sign up thing...got to where they tell me Thank You and how it will show up on my credit card (debit really) statement but that was it...no place to register a password...and it's still showing up as available....so I've emailed them...but now of course I'm worried someone will snatch it from underneath me.  Ol' Murphy's Law...seems to follow me wherever I go...that what I get for naming my most beloved (now deceased) cat Murphy...it's haunted me ever since.  bear_original:)

Willamette Valley Oregon

Yeah...I just got an email that my domain registration went through and they gave me my username and password.  I'm so very happy.  Wooo hoooo...doin' the happy dance...wait...I can't dance and I might hurt myself...scratch that.  :)

Thanks everyone for listening to me ramble on and on and on... :):)

And thank you so very much Kelly for your awesome suggestion.  What's your commission?  :)

Shantell

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I'm telling you Girl.....Bottoms Up! I still love your name Shantell............What is the matter with you Girlie? bear_grin:lol::lol::lol::lol: Shantellie Bears Love your name Hon!

Many Hugs Louise

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Woopie !! I also love the name Apple Dumplin Bears Shantell, good choice...Winney

Board footer