Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

MVC-432F-co.jpgMVC-434F.JPGHi Shelli,

I was reading your post about picture taking and realized that mine where no good.
I tried all your suggestion, and here is one of the Bears I took a picture of with almost All of your advice.

Pleeeease let me know what else I can improve.

Rita

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The colors look great and the backdrop is very nicely contrasting with this cute little one's fur.  My only suggestion might be to throw a little bit more light on what, from where I sit, is the LEFT side of the picture (the bear's right side.)  It seems a bit dark there and I can make out a shadow cast over the bear's right shoulder, which tells me that your main light source was coming from this little bear's left toe area. 

By the way, I would never have called your pictures 'no good.'  They were certainly good enough to sell a lot of bears and allow me some space to create what I think is a very nice display of your work in your avatar.  We can all improve somewhere.  I really don't know that much about photography.  Ask me about shutter speed or aperture priority someday and you will get my slack-jawed response, which is, "Huh???" bear_happy

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Thanks Shelli,

You are the best, like always

Rita

Board footer