Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Shelli, I was just at the Teddy Bear Review website, and noticed that they had the winners of the Golden Teddy Awards posted.  Congratulations to you and "Chauncey" on a well-earned award.  I wish I had some champagne to toast your win!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WAY TO GO, SHELLI!!!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh  That is soooooo great to win on your first nomination!  VERY well deserved!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Omedeto.jpgCongratulations Shelli !!!!!!!!!

I knew "Chauncey"  was your first nomination and
I am so happy that you won !!!! :D
"Chauncey" is so beautiful ~♪

Big Hugs/Marie
http://www.geocities.com/kipriebears/

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulatuions Shelli for winning the Golden Teddy  award for Chauncey.
Chauncey is so beautiful.
Well done!

Bear hugs
Carolyn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Shelli, what a grand achievement, well done, and cheers to you. bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Well Done Shelli!! We deserved. If it were up to me, I probably would have tied you and Sue Ann as you both deserved to win.

Congratulations, you must be STOKED!
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations Shelli

hiphip1zs.jpg

Jane

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Congratulations Shelli!  I am so happy for you.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow!Congratulations Shelli,what a grand achievement,you certainly deserve it!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh bear_laugh  bear_laugh  HOORAY!!

Hugs and smiles and blessings,Shari.

Deb Upstate New York

Congratulations Shelli on your achievement!  Chauncey is adorable.

Deb

roses.jpg

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Big congrats to you Shelli for the award and to all the others that had nominations,
Hugs,
Catherine

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Congratulations, Shelli!  You know, this is the second year in a row I've looked at the nominees and tried to pick who I thought would be the winners.  I was only right in two categories this year (and wasn't very accurate last year either), but your win was one I had predicted.  Your photo really stood out in your category!

Bear hugs,
Kelly

Lom-Bear-di Cubs Ohio

Congratulations, Shelli!!
A job well done!

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Way to go girl!!!! Happy for you .:):):)Shelli you must be over the moon!
Lynn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Congrats!  bear_laugh:D:D

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Way to go Shelli!!!!!

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Congratulations Shelli ....How Wonderful!!!    I am not surprised, you so deserve the recognition for your talent.

Hugs,

Wanda

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

well done Shelli...I love Chauncey he is so cute.  saw him in the magazine too and thought he would win bear_happy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congrats to you Shelli,

It's an inspiration to see that you've come so far in such a short time.  Good for you...I'm sure we'll see many more such wins in the near future.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Shelli,
                        Congratulations!!!. What a way to go Girl. You must be thrilled to bits ,we are all certainly proud of you in this group.  Great Big Hugs  from Rita xxxxxxx

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Yay Shelli! Congrats! bear_laugh Chauncey is about the cutest little guy ever! You did an excellent job with that creation! bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Shelli!  bear_happy I am not at all surprised. Your bears are outstanding Girl!

Many Hugs Louise

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:lol::lol:HUGE STINKIN' CONGRATS TO YOU & CHAUNCEY, SHELLI!! :lol::lol:
(I mean that with sincere kindness and happiness... just couldn't resist!)
Way to go, girl!

Bear Hugs,
Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank you all so very much!  Naturally, I'm absolutely thrilled.  It's an enormous honor, and I feel delighted and giddy and grateful; so many adjectives, all of them good, all at once!  This award feels like a real ACHIEVEMENT; I worked really, really hard for it, and I want to acknowledge that in myself.  So I'm giving myself permission to feel justly proud and excited and just plain terrific. ;)

But... You know, this is my first time winning anything -- any kind of direct competition -- in my entire life.  And it has really surprised me, how dampened those good feelings become when I consider that, in order for me to WIN this award, several other people had to LOSE it. And "loser" isn't remotely how I view my fellow bear makers -- be they award nominee, category competition, or otherwise. So it's a very cloudy, psychologically uncomfortable spot I suddenly find myself in, which is something I never even considered before this all came about. My rosy glow of happiness and pride is a little darker, because I'm concerned about the sting, or disappointment, or whatever BAD outcome,  others might be feeling; others about whom I've come to care, and whose work I respect tremendouly. So while the win is a fantastic honor that delights me, it's a double-edged sword as well.  Life is complicated.  :/

Having explained that, though, I am planning to compete again next year, and am chalking up my current mental state to the nature of the formerly-unfamiliar competition beast, and to how that has combined with my tendencies toward co-dependency. You know what I'm talking about here: I tend to be one of those, "If you're happy, then I'm happy!" people. (laughing here :D)   

Mostly, I just plain enjoy the entry deadlines looming each winter, and the "be your very best" far-reaching goals, involved in entering the contests; it's something very concrete and motivating for me, personally, to strive and push for, and keeps me keenly interested in the work.

Anyway, all this blathering is my way of sharing that absolutely, it's been a wonderful, giddy blessing, for which I'm enormously, tremendously grateful.  But also, that I want to tread lightly and be sensitive, because gloating isn't gracious, and people I admire and adore might be feeling... really badly, right around now. :(

I do thank you all, very, very much, for your notice and compliments on my win; it's most appreciated.

Big hugs,

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Congradulations Shelli...I just love that little stinker........Winney

Board footer