Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

It has been snowing here ( and really cold )in Edmonton for the last couple of days and then this morning...gorgeous winter blue sky that we are famous for!
Many highways are closed and the driving conditions are terrible and the forecast is for rain tomorrow...  bear_shocked  But today...isn't it pretty? (sorry, I live in the middle of the city so the pictures aren't that glamorous -  just outside my front door.)

P1010015.JPGP1010016.JPG

Also couldn't resist mucking about with photofiltre :redface:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

You lucky thing you! I wish we had some decent snow here in the UK. Generally whenever we do get snow it lasts around 12 hours then it melts and then the weather warms up again.
I adore snow - the light is so fantastic is'nt it? So bright and clean.
sigh

Thanks for the pics, they're lovely bear_wub

Penny

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow ! I love these houses and this snow and... Oh thank you for such lovely pictures ! I hope there will be snow here too :).

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

What lovely pictures, so pretty. We have an uncle visiting from Canada in Australia at the moment and he was hoping for snow by the time he got home in about 3 weeks. It must make Christmas so special with that for a back drop.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow!!!!  To experience a white christmas.  Amazing!  It's getting so warm here... ahh, it's going to be too hot before long - so lucky you!
Danni

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow that is gorgeous!!! It is getting too hot here at the moment, it would be lovely to experience a white Christmas!!! Thanks for posting the photos... bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's why I love Calgary soo much. It's a lovely day here! :twisted:  lOl

Sorry, I just HAD to. Nice pics though, the 1st snowfall of the year is always soo pretty.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

WOW!! It really is pretty! ESPECIALLY cause it is not HERE :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Sonya!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very pretty photos of the snow and houses - thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Cheryl: you lucky dog!! Here in Minnesota (twin cities area) we are waiting patiently for a good snow...Enjoy it, for I think I am destined to look at everybodys beautiful snow pictures as I gaze longingly at my brown grass.....

Michelle

Kathleen Pa

Looks like a hot chocolate kinda day. Thanks for the pics.  The snow makes everything look so clean and bright.

Kathleen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

How pretty! I'm looking forward to our first real snow fall. I can just smell it! Seriously!
Thanks for sharing the pics!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Isn't it funny, the love/hate relationship we have with snow? I was all stressed out because of the bad road conditions and because I still have problems with my knee after surgery and a fall would be disastrous! But a couple of years ago we had a brown Christmas and I was so bummed. It makes everything look so clean and fresh and I always think everything is a little quieter. A white Christmas is a definite for us now...I guess I am lucky!
:hug: for everyone

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
cherylbruinwerks wrote:

mucking about

I just love that phrase.   bear_grin

Beautiful picture...city or not!!!  I have a love/hate relationship with snow too.  I love it as long as I can stay inside with a nice hot cup of whatever but hate it as soon as I have to go out in it.

Thanks for sharing.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What wonderful pictures, I have said it before but it isn't quiet the same having Christmas in the heat. We went back to England in 99 to have a white Christmas I loved it, but HD didn't like it at all. He is Australian and his first experience of Christmas in winter.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Ooooh Cheryl

I am entirely jealous!  I would rather be at your place than in the supposed "sunny climes" here!!  I can't remember if La Nina or El Nino is responsible for our current weather but whichever one I am most disgruntled.  here we are in the last two weeks of spring and I can count on one hand the days with no rain or wind and actual sunshine.

Yesterday we had wind gusts up to 160km an hour and horizontal rain (about 100 miles?)  I had to fight to stay on my feet and decided to skip lunch as I couldn't face going out in it.

I will therefore enjoy your snow by proxy - thanks for sharing!!  One day I will have a white Christmas!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I would love to exprience ONE white Xmas but I will have to do so through you guys, so pretty

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Beautiful pics ... it makes me think of American movies!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Cheryl, your pictures are just great! I think that's the only way I like snow - in pictures!  bear_grin

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Cheryl your pictures ARE great and I agree with Edie, the only way that I like snow is in pictures also  :crackup: bear_grin
I LOVED the Christmas with no snow! it was easy to get around, not too cold and the kids went rollerblading on Christmas day. I must admit that all of the Christmas lights and decorations do look better with snow,  if it would just disappear on Boxing day, everything would be perfect :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer