Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Rabbit-fur-bear.jpgHi.   It's been a while since I have made a bear from real fur....Here's an 18" teddy bear I made from a recycled rabbit  fur coat, custom order.

He has armature, taxidermy glass eyes, and airbrushed details.

After making I realised why I like mohair so much...I felt like I was eating this fur..it was in my eyes, mouth , and went up my nose.  Not to mention the MESS... My goodenss....this fur really wanted to fly. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Anyway, his new mom is very happy with him and she has named him Max.  bear_original

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Ohhhhhhhhh Judi, Max is beautiful ! ! !  Of course his new mom loves him.   Looks so soft, I want to rub him against my cheek (the one on my face).  (The "soft" test I use on yarn for scarves.)

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What a lovely bear Judi  bear_wub  i bet his owner will love him to pieces (hopefully not literally!).

And of course, i hate you as usual  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Penny  bear_tongue

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

He's beautiful Judi!  Lovely detailed work as ever!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
baronebear wrote:

Looks so soft, I want to rub him against my cheek (the one on my face).

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

..although it would also feel nice on the other cheek too!

Thanks guys! bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
gotobedbears wrote:

And of course, i hate you as usual  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   Love you too babe! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Oh, by the way Pen, just saw your Moonlings article.. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  AWESOME!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ellen, I have never tried to work with synthetic but I would sure like to give it a go sometime.  Where's the best place to get some really nice white synthetic?

Thanks for the nice comments ladies. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sooo sweet Judi, I love how you can maintain your look, even with real fur.

Gorgeous bear!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

What a fantastic bear.
Max is really great. You make the most fantastic bears.

sarahjane Brisbane

OMG Judi I am in love with this bear....he is fantastic!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Judi, he's loooovely!  I can only imagine how badly the fur must get in any facial orifice; I was having enough of those problems with imported synthetic doing that!  I am STILL getting those 'warm fuzzy' feelings in my nose!! lol  Fantastic work!

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Magnificent, Judi . . . so appealing!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Wonderful - as always.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Boy - do I feel as if I've a long way to go  :doh:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Really gorgeous Judi - just love those eyes!  bear_wub

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Judi,
A classic creation...beautiful proportions and size.
                                                       Mikki

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Judi just adorable!!! as always of course  bear_rolleyes   never ceases to amaze me how much work you put into your bears bear_innocent

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh Thank you very much.  WHat a way to start my day to come and read such nice comments. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Kim, I really want to try to work with synthetic one of these days...You do such great work wtht it.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Judi: he is truely beautifu...I love sewing with real fur....One suggestion so you are not eating fur in the future is taking all the peices and with hand held vacume (I use a dirt devil with the hose attatchment) and letting the vacume suck up all the loose hair. So after cutting out the pieces, don't shake them. Just get the vacume and let it do the work for you. Caution: hold on to the pieces tight for I have lost a piece or two. But, I just dig them out of the bag....Doing it this way, you never have problems with flying fur....

Michelle

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Wonderful work Judi (as always!  bear_tongue )!! He looks so alive!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Judi this bear is truly magnificent. I know what it's like to have fur everywhere, not that I have ever used real fur but I bought some synthetic fur a few years back and I never did finish making the bear as I couldn't breath when I was trying to use it, and seeing breathing is necessary for life, the bear was never finished.  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Michelle Helen wrote:

One suggestion so you are not eating fur in the future is taking all the peices and with hand held vacume (I use a dirt devil with the hose attatchment) and letting the vacume suck up all the loose hair. So after cutting out the pieces, don't shake them. Just get the vacume and let it do the work for you. Caution: hold on to the pieces tight for I have lost a piece or two. But, I just dig them out of the bag....Doing it this way, you never have problems with flying fur....

Michelle

Great idea Michelle!  I used to work exclusively on real fur long before ever trying mohair....I remember the fur flying!  Working with mohair is like a hot knife in buttet by comparison.

Great tip!  Thanks.

Thank you for all yrou comments ladies. :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi this bear is AMAZING !!! I love the eyes.  I have to ask if you felted the around the eyes and how that impacts on the pelt ???  Or does the cotton lining support it enough.  I assume you felted quite hard before attaching it to the eye area ?  I've been wanting to try this but was afraid LOL .   Enquiry minds want to know.

Board footer