Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Some of you might be aware, but Daphne is going into Hospital to have sugery on her hand tomorrow (Fri 26th)

Daphne has mentioned this in passing, but I'm sure she's too shy to come out and say, Everyone, I'm going into hospital on the 26th! Sooo I wanted to spill the beans, so everyone can wish her the best!

WIth us being bear artists, I'm sure everyone will agree that this surgery is important.. we need our hands!!

Good luck Daphne.  We'll all be thinking about you!!

Danni

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

image0011.gifHi Daphne,
                       Just to wish you all the very best for your surgery ,I will be thinking of you.  Your hands are so important for making your lovely bears, you be sure to tell the surgeon just how much you need them ;);)

Please keep us up to date with how are doing .   All my Best Wishes go with you. Hugs Rita xxxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good luck Daphne! I hope everything goes well and that you are soon back home and able to make your wonderful bears again.
Hugs,

Jane.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Daphne, I'll be thinking of you and I'm sure it will all be fine and you'll be back to your bears in no time at all.

BIG bear hugs,
Catherine
x

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Blessings Daphne for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.
Hugs,Shari.

Deb Upstate New York

Best wishes for quick recovery and back to bear making Daphne!

Deb (NY)

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Good luck Daphne..(Daphne was so sweet and wrote me a welcoming email and told me about it.)  I hope you are back with us soon.
love Sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

All will go well, girl.  Have a quick recovery, take plenty of bears to sew! bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

All the best Daphne! You take it easy and let that family of yours pamper you for a while!

Many Hugs And Blessings For A Speedy Recovery

Louise and Garnet

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

That's goes for me too...

Love and Blessings and many well wishes that you are back to bear making in no time.

Bear Love to you...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne-

Good luck on your hand, we will miss you terribly while you are down, however you have too much in you left to create, so I am betting you wont be down for long.....

The gollies wish you a speedy recovery and the Mooseltoes hope so too since they are waitin for creation!

Dilu

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Daphne. We will ALL be thinkng about you.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awww..... Thanks a lot Danni! bear_tongue :D

You guys are the greatest 'Family'!!

I'm having 'tendon release' done on a finger. It's one of 3 'trigger fingers' I have. This one is the worst, incredibly painful from the tip of my finger to my elbow! The surgery is done as an outpatient so I'll be at the hospital long enough for the prep and operation then I'm out. They are only giving 'local' so my hand will be numb but not my head. bear_grin (No jokes, girls!) I'm not looking forward to being awake for this. Recovery will be 2-5 weeks. As a diabetic things can take longer to heal but I'm on top of the diabetes control and intend to do what the doctor says so I'm hoping it won't be 5 weeks!! No bear making for a while though! I'm pretty much set with my inventory for the show I have in Sept. so it's ok. I have a lot of books to read!

I won't be posting much here but I'll be reading a lot.... we never lack for things to talk about, do we? So talk a lot... and make it entertaining!!! bear_grin Lots of pictures too, please!! bear_grin

Now, I'm off to finish my long list of things to do! I have the cleanest house in town and well stocked cupboards, garden is weeded (come on winter!!!!) bills are paid (surgery is on the hand I write with), manicure & pedicure are done, ironing was finished at 1 am this morning...... I have one bear awaiting his facial features so that's my big project for today. Then I'm going to plant some mums in my whiskey barrels and make lasagna.

(I know you all wanted to know this!) bear_grin

Any way, thank you all so much for your well wishes. You of all people understand the importance of our hands. (Louise, I think of you often and commend you for your fabulous work!!) I'll let you know how things are going. At least you won't have any long winded posts from me for a while! bear_grin

Hugs,
Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

At least you won't have any long winded posts from me for a while! lol

True, but that's a BAD thing. :(

Daphne, your post made me laugh out loud.  I love your priorities:  clean house, weeded garden, stocked cupboards, POLISHED FINGERS AND TOES.  LOL... :lol:

I had tendon release surgery years ago but unrelated to bearmaking.  After my 2nd pregnancy I developed DeCuervain's (DeQuervain's -- ???) tendinitis.  It's in the tendon that runs along the thumb and inner wrist.  Terrible, ceaseless, burning, itching, pulling, "stuck" pain, that caused.  My hand locked into a turned-in (adducted?  pronated?) position; you shoulda seen me cut with a knife.  Had to swing my elbow way the heck out in front of me just to get the blade lined up right for the cutting!

The great good news is that these kinds of surgeries heal very quickly.  Sure, you're diabetic; that might lengthen things a bit.  But most likely you'll have, maybe, one day of real, brings-tears-to-your-eyes pain; and then the healing process will zip along very fast indeed.  Just you wait and see.  Five weeks of recovery ... bah humbug!  You're way too much of a pistol for that. 

Much good luck to you.  We'll miss your sweet and informative posts.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, Daphne . . . man, it sounds like you're gonna NEED a five-week rest after all the preparations you've done!!  You are one organized lady, my friend!  Best of luck with the surgery and I hope your recovery time is less than expected!!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Wishes for a speedy recovery Daphne.

Bear Hugs

Jane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli & Gina -

You are both making me feel a little better about this. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

They just called and want me to come in even earlier tomorrow morning! Is the surgeon really awake at 7:30 and ready to operate??? It would be dreadful if I had to do such things at that hour... I am NOT a morning person!!

Hugs,
Daphne

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Daphne - you have the luckiest family with all your preparations you have done.
Now it is your turn to have them look after you.
Wishing you a successful operation and a speedy recovery and you get to read a lot of great books.

hugs
Carolyn

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Daphne,
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!  I will be thinking of you and wish you the best on the outcome!  I will pray for your speedy recovery.

Hugs,
Cindy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

CINDY . . . great to see you on Teddy Talk!!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh  How are you, dear one??

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Good luck Daphne.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Sandi

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Sue Ann,

I am doing better...much better!  Thank you for asking.  I answered your question in more detail under the what happened to Ebay post. I am settled in and looking forward. Hopefully I will catch up on all the posts I missed and can dive back into the wonderful world of bears.  Thank you for being a true friend bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you everyone!!! I'm counting down the hours....
It's a good distraction to sit here in front of the computer tonight...

Cindy..... do tell us how you are doing! I think of you frequently. Hope all is getting better an better each day!!

Hugs,
Daphne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Daphne!

HOpe I'm not too late to jump in and wish you well tomorrow!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Laura.... bear_laugh

Board footer