Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne,  Good luck and I'm wishing for your speedy recovery. :)

{{{{{{{{ Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug }}}}}}}}

and more hugs !/ Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh welcome back Cindy, you were missed greatly.  I am pleased to hear things are on the up and up!!

Daphne, I was worried you minded to spilling the beans, but I was sure the girls would want to know....  so you were out rulled hahahah just kidding - I thought you wouldn't have minded since you did mention it in passing :)

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Gina - you were right.... numbing was SO incredible painful!!!!!!! It's worn off and the narcotics are only working a little... so I can't sleep.. it hurts...waaaaa!!! Sorry... I make a very bad patient.

Being awake for such surgeries is highly over rated! Although I talked nurses with the bears (HA! oops...drugs are doin' sumpin'!) so good distraction.

Shel - I'm really counting on this healing VERY fast!!!

Well, this one handed lefty typing is wearing me out... perhaps I'll get some sleep now!

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. They were very helpful!

Danni - you were being thoughtful as everyone else here is... I'm not mad!!!

Hugs,
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Glad that ordeal is over, Daphne . . . now on to the healing!!  Rest, my friend!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It will heal fast, but the first day is hard.  And sometimes part of the second.  And then you think, "Hey... where did the suffering go?  I'm just a bit sore..."

Lots of TLC and Ibuprofen today, hun.  Work it!  And you'll be much better by Monday, I promise.

Hugs,

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Daphne, I'm glad you're back home and I just wanted to send you a big healing hug and tell those bears of mine to give you lots of comfort - you can moan away to them all you like - that's what teddies are for :)

Hugs,
Catherine

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Glad to hear you are home and the op is finally done.  Take care and please please don't over do it.

Jane

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hugs to both Cindy and Daphne

Hand surgery is the worst, you have to take it easy but all the things you love to do you cant. 

Praying for a fast recovery-

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Owww, Get well soon..glad that is over...Winney

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne , I'm glad you are back and the operation is over. bear_original
Please take good rest.

Hugs/Marie

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Daphne:
Just read this post.  Glad to hear you are home and on your way to a speedy recovery.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So glad the operation is behind you now Daphne and hoping that you have a speedy recovery
and you get a lot of rest and  pampering from your Family.

Hugs
Carolyn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne , good luck with your surgery, wishing you a speedy recovery. bear_happy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Heal fast, Daphne!

Ouch bear_sad I've been off for the last week without a computer, and missed the pre-op, but I'm putting all my wishes into your recovery. bear_laugh

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, except for the swelling which I'm having a hard time keeping down it doesn''t hurt a whole lot... I'm even typing with it this morning. I don't see bear making happening for a bit longer though!

I have to tell you all how wonderful a nurse my Hubby is!! He's been cooking and taking care of the dog and refilling my ice packs. He won't let me do anything... only reason I'm sitting here typing is that he went out to get donuts! He's been terrific though. While brushing the dog after a romp in the woods with him my husband said "Why is this dog such high maintenance all of a sudden? I don't know how you do it." Ah, to finally be appreciated for all those things we do that go unseen! :D

I'm having a great time catching up on all the magazines that have gone unread on my coffee table. Been reading fall cooking recipes and can't wait to be able to peel apples for apple crisp!! Mmmmm!!!

Thanks again for all of your good wishes. It's so nice to have this board (THANKS INCERCAL!) and all of these caring people. Bear people are the best!!

Hugs,
Daphne

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I am so glad to hear that you are home and that the worst part....( worrying about the surgery).....is over. Take care of yourself and enjoy all of the pampering while you can!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh that is fantastic that you are already able to type.  Also fantastic that that hubby of yours is spoiling you!!!!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne, oh no you are typing too much ! :lol:
then how was the donuts ? he he

I'm glad you are taking rest and glad to hear that
your sweet hubby are spoiling you :P

Hugs/Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

But Marie! :D

Daphne's supposed to use her hand--doctor's orders!

I hope the swelling has gone down a bit, Daphne. My favorite cold pack is a frozen bag of popcorn kernels. It's flexible and stays cold for a long time. I keep a few in the freezer just in case!.

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great idea, and my orthopedist told me that frozen corn also works for areas like knees that are awkward.  Although that gets kinda stinky after a while.  I like the popcorn kernel idea better! 

How you doing, Daph?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm thinking some nice hot popcorn might be yummy about now!! bear_grin Thanks a lot! bear_tongue I've actually had little appetite since surgery! Hey, new weight loss strategy!!! (Highly NOT recommended!!)

Swelling isn't going anywhere and my blood sugars are running high so I'm shooting up and chilling out!!:lol:

I go back to doc tomorrow... we'll see what he has to say. No pain unless I move fingers too much so back to one-handed typing. Gee, Shelli, I bet you'd still type at least 80 wpm with one hand!! bear_grin

Thanks for checkin' on me!!

Daphne

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

PS. thought i'd make some changes with my website... new hosting plan, etc. Now I can't get the dang thing up..... i'v been on the phone with one tech support person after another. now it seems i have to wait up to 72 hours for changes to take effect so i can publish site. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (again, where is that devil face from Edinburgh's board???) Sorry! just had to gripe!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Ouch, Daphne! :(

It's true that swelling in hands and feet, where there's little room, can take a while to go down. And boy, does it hurt. At least you're keeping your spirits up. As it were.

Long ago, in my biking days in Houston, I managed to catch the toe of my shoe in the front-wheel spokes, and went over in a most spectacular and probably side-splitting heap. My poor foot got badly wrenched and bruised, and took some time to shrink back to normal size!

Eileen

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Glad to hear you are on the mend Daphne.  Also, that you have such a wonderful nurse to take good care of you...milk it girlfriend...for all it's worth bear_grin bear_grin

You'll be back to bears in no time...but enjoy catching up with all your reading, etc.

Shantell

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

10036461.jpg

Hi Daphne.  I am a bit late in posting but this is hug is for you ((((((hug))))))

I too, have had tendon rlease surgery and things went back to normal pretty fast.

Best of luck!

Board footer