Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Please tell me that I am not the ONLY one who has noticed that ebay sales have gone...WHERE??? :rolleyes:

I hope this is just a passing thing...but I have noticed that sales have dropped since gas has gone up?  I know, the TV keeps telling me every night that the economy has never been better....hummmmm, that is debatable...at least around here in Georgia.

Anyone else experiencing a drop in sales and/or prices?

I sure hope I am not in this boat all by my lonesome...I hate paddling alone.

Nanc.......

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Nanc, you are certainly not alone, a lot of us have noticed this lately.  I'm hoping that it will pick up more in the Fall and towards Christmas.  Keep paddling, like I do - all serene and calm above water and paddling madly under the water  :P

Hugs,
Catherine

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have noticed this... I am new but I noticed this with mine and others.  I think it is like others were saying, it isnt the "season" to sell bears and people are on vacations.... I am just "stocking up" my bears until fall- i am going to have them on my website but not ebay.... i am tired of paying for listing and not selling!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Nanc..

I do think Ebay is quieter lately ,I am going to give it a break for a while...I have fairs coming up too so that will cut my time down at any rate.

I think that it is generally quieter in every business at the moment...here in the UK at any rate...I have a hairdressing business which is quiet right now (all waiting for their pay-cheque I suppose) so I don't think it's anything to worry about, (after 32 years in that trade I have seen it happen many times). I do think generally though that the cause of the doldrums is that customers just shop around and change their preferences as we all do.

I'd say the key to solving it is to keep thinking outside the box and moving along with new designs and ideas...that way when bears go on Ebay etc people are interested.

So you're not  paddling alone...we are all in the same boat!!

Best wishes,

Jenny

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Jenny,

I love your avatar bear. Actually I am a fan of all of your bears. They are so adorable.

I agree about Ebay.  Very quiet and not much going on. I have recently had a new website designed. My friend who designed it is going to show me how to maintain it myself.  So I am going to start listing my bears on my site instead of Ebay until interest and sales pick up.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

YEA, CINDY!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

And a cheer to Cindy from me, too.  It's exciting to have a new website.  I tried your Website link but it doesn't work. bear_sad  Still under construction???

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Hi Sue Ann and Shelli,

Thank you..I am back!  I am settled in my new "beautiful" apt. (home). I have good and not so good days yet but I am moving forward and decided it is time to dive back into the world of bears and all my wonderful friends. But I have been away so long that I have many posts to scan.  Seems it will take quite awhile to catch up.

My site is www.cwhuggleybears.com.  I just typed it in and it popped up so it should be working. Try again as I would love your opinion. I just got tired of the same site.One of the IT guys at work designed it for me. He did it strictly using HTML and is going to show me how to maintain it and change whatever I want whenever I want. And, dear friend that he is, he charged me less than a yard of mohair. He said he loves doing it but I think he just felt sorry for what I was going through and wanted to make my life a little better. He is a sweetheart and I am very lucky.

Shelli,
Everything you said to me in your email some weeks ago was true. It just took me some time to realize it and a little longer to believe it. I am coming out the winner in many aspects. Thank you.

Sue Ann,
Thank you for all of your encouraging words.

Cudos to both of you...dear friends. bear_laugh

Well, it is nice to know others are feeling the slow down too...and Jenny it is interesting to learn that business is even slow in the UK.
I am just going to list some 'cheapies' for a while to keep stuff on and hopefully it will pick up.
Planning on putting a miniature polar bear on tomorrow.
Keep all those busy fingers crossed for me....PLEASE!!
Hugs to all,
Nanc...........

Oh Cindy, I almost forgot...your website is marvelous!  He did a wonderful job and what a friend in deed.  Your bears are just adorable.  I didn't know anything about you being gone, but I sure am glad you're back.  WELCOME HOME.
I am getting closer to mine (web-site that is)...so pretty soon, I hope to have it up and running.  I really want one...BAD!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Cin, in your profile you must've typed in www.cwhuggleybear.com... with no (s).  If you want people to get to your site via the WEBSITE link under your avatar, do change that!

I'll go check it out by typing it in manually, now.

I'm really, really glad you're doing better.  It does take time to get grounded and move forward, and despite increasing numbers of good days, with increasing happiness present in each, like some kind of bad drug trip from yesteruear, you WILL have flashbacks to really, really down moments once in a while, and feel a sense of mourning or loss for dreams cut short or broken in two. etc. etc..  (And NO, for those of you with wide eyes and wider imaginations, I have never done big, nasty drugs, or had a bad drug trip; I'm just making a comparison, folks!)

Back in a moment...

Very nice site indeed! You're lucky to have a friend like that, to make a site for you.  Not an easy task. 

Congratulations, and let's hear it for fresh starts. :)

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Again . . . YEA CINDY!!!  I am SO VERY PLEASED that you are back with us . . . that MUST mean you are feeling better!  Think you have great courage to be able to start a new life, and my wish for you is that it's even better than the old one!  It's gonna be great having you post again, so exercise those fingers, Kiddo, and let's get at it!!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Cindy ! I love your new web site...what darling bears you make !....Winey

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Nanc...

You are not the only one, I dont even list my Bears on E-Bay anymore.
Sales at Shows are down too, hopefully it will get better towards the Holidays, or I have the biggest "Black Forest Bears" Collection on the Planet

Rita

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Cindy my Darlin! I am so happy to see you back. You are a strong lady and we alll have your back!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

hopefully it will get better towards the Holidays, or I have the biggest "Black Forest Bears" Collection on the Planet

Rita, you make me laugh!  I must say, there are worse collections to have by a long shot.  Your bears are really very, very cute.

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Shelli, my Bears are not only cute, they are making fun of me, because they know I have to "support them" for a very long time til finely someone adopt`s them

Rita

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Cindy, your webpage is bootiful!  Really well done, lucky you to have found such a great person to do your page for you.  It really is wonderful to have you back!

Nanc, you're not the only one having problems with eBay.  Seems to be a worldwide epidemic!

Danni

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Rita you crack me up!  I am stockpiling my bears as well.... that is ok though, I like to keep them around for a little while.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Don't worry, ebay will pick up again.  It comes and goes in waves.  Everyone is winding down from the summer...getting kids ready for school...gas prices..ets.....
Eventually they will all find homes...the right homes.  bear_happy

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Thanks Judi for the encouraging words about ebay. ;-)
Being in the area of Texas that I live in, I can not attend shows because they are quite a distance from me. Also, listing them on sites, as in, Bearpile and such, they list on the front and very quickly move down the line for there are so many other fabulous artists that are listing too. I have to depend on ebay quite a bit for sales. I myself have been very dissapointed by not having my very low reserves being met and then having to relist them and having to take such a great lose on the critter. It seems like for the last couple months all I have been doing is "giving" ebay money with no profit at all. But on the other hand..... I can look it at a way of keeping my name on the "active duty" list bear_tongue   Also, the item is going to a mom that truly appreciates your work and will love it forever.
Now that I have had my "pitty parade" I feel a little better...I hope I did not bore you all to tears...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Roxanne . . . as you know, I live in the Dallas area and when I first started participating in shows, I would only do the ones that I could drive to comfortably . . . Dallas, Houston, Austin.  Those shows are still (who knows for how long, though?) running and I think you could get to them with no problem from Odessa.  Also, Albuquerque wouldn't be that far from you, either, right?  If you'd like, I can send you info.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I echo you exactly Roxanne and you make a very valid point about keeping your name out there and making someone truly happy with one of your bears.We just have to hang in there:)
Hugs,shari.

I know this sounds bad, but it does feel good to know that others are experiencing what I am.  My last two doggies have not met reserve and I normally have never put reserves on my work, but felt compelled to on these last couple.
It is hard to believe but we have very few shows of any kind here in Atlanta.  The culture has become extremely diversified and people from the countries we have here and just not interested in collecting dolls or bears...in fact that is the farthest things from their minds.  We used to have some wonderful artist doll and teddy bear shows here but they have all disappeared.  It really is very sad, the ways of old are gone, at least here in Atlanta.
Ebay is my only sale source, so I do hope it picks up as my ebay monies are sent to help a family member and this is really hurting him.
I also experienced my first non-paying bidder...that really hurt! :(
ok, my pitty party is over too, but thanks for letting me know y'all are having the same problems...at least I can relax that perhaps it is not my work.
I have a software to design my web pages now, so I am excited about that.
I re-read the posts from Laura where she gave links to various interesting sites and the one that I went to first was the one created by Lisa.  It was all very interesting, but I found the verbiage about 'links' and how important they are, very helpful.  I didn't know that it is important to have links to increase your....your...hummm hahaha, can't remember.  Well, you want to put links to sites that get a lot of hits.  I'll have to go back and read it again.
Boy, one minute I have something in my head and the next....POOF, it's gone.:lol:
I think I have too many....'wonder if I made this or that, if it would sell' ...ideas floating around up there!:P
hugs to you all....
nanc......

Board footer