Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've designed a new pattern... here's the 3rd attempt.... I'm quite happy with him and have decided to keep him! After Sarah posting a topic about the number of bears she KEEPS I've decided to name him "Keeper". Now to find an old skelton key for around his neck.

He's made of Schulte Kid mohair (my favorite) and has a pot belly, short arms, huge feet with fuzzy toes and his head.. well, I'm thinking it might be just a wee bit big still. He's 13.5" tall.

Please tell me what you think.... your honest opinions, please. None of this "Oh, he's adorable" crap bear_tongue just cause you think I want to hear it. Constructive criticism is very helpful. If you think to yourself "Oh, I'd buy him if  only...." I want to know what that 'if only' is!! I'll be on drugs after my operation so no matter what you say I'll just laugh any way!! bear_tongue:lol:

KeeperFullsm.gif

KeeperSidesm.gif  KeeperFootsm.gif  KeeperStandingsm.gif

KeeperFacesm.gif

Hugs,
Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne,
"Keeper" is tooooooooooo cute !
I think he head is not too big and I love the body balance :D
Keeper is very cute when sitting and too cute when he stand ♪
Congratulation on your new design.

Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good luck tomorrow, Daphne!  I dunno . . . think maybe his head is a really good size for the rest of his body!  He's quirky and VERY appealing.  At first I was going to say that possibly his legs were positioned a tad high, but then I changed my mind.  To lower the legs would take away from his overall "cuteness"!  Way to go!!! bear_laugh bear_laugh

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Daphne - I want him!!!! :D
I kinda think the legs are a tad high also, but the head is perfect. Larger heads make animals and babies "cute"
So when can I buy him or his brother or sister??? bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

hey!!  you saying 70 bears is too many to keep lolol:lol: just kidding lol
i think he is cute too Daphne bear_original  I love the paws.  I don't know about the legs being too high,...I usually check by sitting the bear down...is there a protrusion of his buttocks lol then they are too high..if it is all level and comfy looking it should be right.  I don't think his head is too big..he looks cute and in proportion to me :D
hugs sarah

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, I was gonna say he's totally adorable, but don't want to shuffling any crap your way Miss Daphne.  I love his very abstract, cartoony, whimsical nature.  He's not trying to be realistic and therefore anything goes!  His face is adora... oops.  His face is REALLY, REALLY HANDSOME IN A SUPER CUTE KIND OF WAY.  :)

I'd keep him too!  His posture is divine.  And he looks like a very solid stander; I'm envious!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daph, he is ADORABLE! (I had to do it!)

I personally, don't think his legs are too high, just personal preference, being a little higher like they are, it kinda essentuates the tummy...

Gorgeous, I know why you are keeping him!!

I am itching to try another idea i have stored in my head...sooooo more pattern designing for me soon too!
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Daphne you said

your honest opinions, please. None of this "Oh, he's adorable" crap  just cause you think I want to hear it. Constructive criticism is very helpful

Well I'm not into dealing out crap so here goes...he is wonderful (no Crap) I really like him. I love your choice of colours (I've done the same colour combination) His big belly is great ..I'm not going to waffle on...you've made a good job there my girl...well done. here's my bear in the same colours.
butternutbody.jpg

Jane

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very cute!  I love his feet! - I need to learn how to do that!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I just plain like him,no crap!!

Hugs and extra blessings for you and a speedy recovery Daphne {{{{{HUG}}}}}
Shari.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Holly CRAP - He is so very very very cute.  I love him to bits.  I think the colors are superb together and he is just really really huggable!!! 

Jane

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Oh very MAGNIFIQUE. I can't tell what i don't love because he's all lovable bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

Daphne ~

I'm no expert, but I'm wondering if OTHER than high quality materials and workmanship .... is there an expected "standard" for proportions, and if so ... why do we bother?  His head is large, but but IMO looks to fit with his tummy.

Good colors.

Deb NY

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Sorry Daphne but I don't see anything wrong with him either. I love his profile!!!! I don't think that his legs are too high, I think that just shows off his big belly.:D

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Looks like the "adorable crap" still works for that adorable Keeper, Daphne!!  And, Jane . . . I also LOVE your stringy little adorable cutie!!  That color combination must be popular . . . I have a bear that I used it on, also!

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Daphne,
I agree with everyone else.  He is very cute.  The mohair is beautiful.  I love the profile.  He has such personality. 

Sandi

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh crap...hes perfect ! I do like those big feet , big belly and the head dosn't look too big..the legs look just right for him....loads of character...Winney

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely Adorable!!!! A definate KEEPER!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You all know how to cheer a gal up!!! Thanks! I'm quite partial to him myself and can't wait to make more!

Leg height... there is exaclty 3/4" between legs on the underside so moving down is out of question... could make bod a bit longer..... I'll try another with exiating pattern first.

Jane... love your bear! Once my hand heals perhaps I'll try plucking the muzzle fur.

Hugs,
D

Kirsten... He's MINE but I will take orders as he'll be an open addition for a while.... you name the color and give me a few weeks! bear_happy

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I will add to the adorable cr... I love his belly & overall swett attitude. I can almos hear what he is humming "doo, doo,doo, toodoo"
Amy

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Ooooh... Now I want to make bi-color bears ! He's marvellous. Perfectly proportionated (hope it means something in English...:rolleyes:) for me too bear_original. Just great:).

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Daphne,

Your keeper bear is just wonderful and I would not change anything about him
I love the mohair colour combination and he looks so huggable.

Jane your Bear in the same mohair is lovely also - what is his or her name?

Hugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi carolyn, my bear is called 'Butternut'

Jane

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, Keeper is gorgeous, well done.  I love what you have done with the soles of the feet and the way he stands, very posable and appealing.:)

Great work with Butternut too Jane.   Your right the colours are appealing and go well together.;)

Board footer