Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hey..we just saw on TV. where there is a fire 8 miles N. of Cave Junction ( Oregon, USA )  at Deer Creek..I don't like that..its getting too close to our Dilu and Sherryl ( she is in O'Brian ) Hope they are all right...they are in a wooded area.

We are East of the fire  and the smoke is very  bad out side right now.. We are OK because we live in more of a town with the forest outside  of it... I will keep you posted.Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Were ok and the prevailing winds are going away from us.  People we know have had to evacuate, and I am praying they did not loose their homes.  Anyways.....so far so good......

It hurts to see trees burn up and with the Bisckit fire, what ionly 3 years ago, still so fresh in everyone's mind......that was awful...Maybe about 250,000 acres up in smoke., and most of it trees.....

That was so sad.

Dilu.....

We are 8 miles south of Cave Junction

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Please take care the both of you...the winds can change so quickly...be safe and keep all of us posted!!!

Shantell

White City, Oregon

WHEW! Donna and I were trying to get ahold of you to see if you were OK...but I did not have your phone # nor could I get it from Directory assistance.

I just looked at the current report on Oregons web site and saw exactly where its burning...not good, it threatnens about 30 buildinga and homes plus.... they said they are tying (yellow ?) ribbons on peoples mail boxs to warn those who need to evacuate ...how in the heck will that help if it gets dark or you are asleep ? I am sorry but I worry about our Dilu and those little black gollies..oh, and don't forget the bears too ...oh. and don't forget your hubby too...for heavens sake  !
I will keep posted when I hear more...pray that the fire dosn't burn so much up....Winney

So...you are actually 16 miles south of the deer creek fire...this fire has burned 1800 acres so far and still going... hope

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,I'm going to bed and saying my prayers for you all.Please be safe and well.Blessings,Shari.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear . . . hope the fire gets controlled before more damage is done!  You guys up there be safe . . . we are thinking of you!

DonnaHernandez Posts: 1

Dilu,

So glad everyone is okay.  Keeping you in my prayers.

Donna

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Dilu, please  keep us informed, this is terribly worrying.

I know just how scary fires are!!!  A few years ago, there was a HUGE fire in Canberra, where I live.  The sky went black at around 3pm, and then a bright orange glow.  Very frightening.  People were actually driving out of Canberra, because they thought that the whole of canberra was going to go up in smoke!!  We lost many houses, a few in the same suburb as mine....   Apparently it was big news around the world.

Anyhow I'm waffling!  Goodluck Dilu, stay safe!
Danni

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Dilu,
          Please take care of yourselves out there ,Fire is a terrible thing. Send my love to all.  Hugs Rita xxx

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu, I didn't know about this fire and now I am worry for my sister too.  She is traveling with her husband now but I should contact her soon.
I am praying for you and your hubby Dilu, please take care.

Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Take care Di and Sherryl......thinking of you!

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Stay safe please.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

so...what's the update girls.  I don't watch nor own a TV so I can't keep up with what's going on locally even. 

Keeping you in my prayers...

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Stay safe and please keep us posted.

Jane

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well this am it is pretty smoky but not a problem for us stull.  Plus we have a concrete home.  Concrete doesn't burn too well.  Also we have such wonderful firefighters and volunteers, they are just incredable people who are willing to risk their safety to help others.  When we went to bed last night things were contained but not under control.  I think the folks in Japan who just lived through that typhon and the folks in Louisianna Alabama and Florida with this huricane.....now those be the folks I am praying for. 

Thank you all for your love and concern-  we are fine and I believe we will be-

hugs

Dilu

White City, Oregon

WHEW DILU ! I was just going to  post the fire report on Oregon link here...glad to hear from you.... So, everything is under controp ....Winney

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How horrible for you  Dilu,
I hope that the firefighters have everything under control and you remain safe.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs
Carolyn

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Dilu,
I just heard about the fire.  Stay safe.  I am very concerned for your safety.  Please keep us posted.

Sandi

Board footer