Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The count so far (I haven't typed all the entries yet, so this will be updated as my fingers fly)

Australia: 49
Austria: 1
Belgium: 3
Canada: 53
Czech Republic: 1
Denmark: 2
Finland: 1
France: 5
Germany: 25
Hong Kong 26
Italy: 2
Japan: 10
Korea: 3
Netherlands: 11
New Zealand: 8
Norway: 1
Russia: 1
Singapore: 2
South Africa: 9
Sweden: 2
Switzerland: 3
UK: 40 (Scotland: 3)
USA:

Thanks to everyone who entered!

I hate to be crass, and you don't have to respond to me -- but please remember that Kellie is selling directory ads very inexpensively to augment your free Face Book entry. The editorial will include your phone number if you provided it, but no other contact info, so if you want people to be able to find your Web site, e-mail, etc., please consider a directory listing. (We've gotta pay for the paper, ink, and postage somehow!)

For those who have asked, the reasons we chose the phone are: space is limited so I can only list one form of contact; everyone has a phone and not everyone has internet access; I've had complaints from collectors when I only include internet options; and, if I give it all away, you won't need to advertise -- my mama taught me about the cow and the milk!

Finally, for everyone who's asked about getting the issue: if for some reason you can't or don't want to subscribe (the cheapest, most efficient method of getting any magazine) and you don't live near a newsstand (most Barnes & Nobles carry the magazine), we will have a limited number available via our Web site.

My personal thanks, again, to everyone who has supported this project. You're the best!

OK, back to the typing.

Mindy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aah Mindy, a smile. a chuckle and anticipation....it doesn't really get any better......keep up the massive undertaking......

dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Mindy ... What about the USA ????? 

:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

How do we get a hold of Kellie ?

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

How much are the ads? I put an ad in the latest edition TBCI and funnily enough the people I have had contact from have been from the US.....most of my sold bears have gone to live in the US also.....thinking it may be worth my while...

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

[size=12]If you look at the entry form, there is an email address to contact Kellie. I saved it, let me see if I can find it. Back in a few....

Wasn't sure if I should post Kellie's phone number and email publicly so here is the link to the
facebook entry download:

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … c=140&st=0

Here is the link to the TB&F website and Kellies contact link there also:

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/advertise/

bear_thumb  bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked That's gotta be wrong, surely!!!!  There's no listings for the USA  nor the UK... And I know there were several TTers that sent their info in...  bear_wacko

Not to worry Debbie, She did say she hasn't gotten them all posted yet. I'm sure more numbers will be coming soon. bear_thumb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I know that I need to get ahold of Kellie to place my ad...  bear_innocent

I can't wait to see it all in print...

Mindy are your fingers sore yet? Big thanks to you for doing this.  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi I won't be able to pop to Barnes & Nobles as I'm in the UK. Anyone willing to get me a copy and post it to me...pretty please, beg, beg, beg, on my knees now. I will pay via Paypal for the magazine plus postage if anyone would be kind enough to do this for me.   :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

When is the magazine available Mindy?  bear_flower

Hugs Jane.

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Lancaster PA

Bonnie's got it right: the blank spaces indicate countries I haven't typed yet. The UK is sitting in front of me right now, and it's a half-inch-thick stack of single sheets! I mentioned all of the different countries to whet your appetites. bear_original

The magazine is scheduled to be mailed on Feb. 6, so it'll be in mailboxes, on newsstands, and available from our Web site shortly thereafter.

At this point, I don't know which is worse: the countdown to the Face Book deadline, or the countdown to Christmas. I'm alternating between typing entries and wrapping gifts. Plus, Jack has to complete a diorama of Native Americans for Friday, so my office is full of dirt, glue, tissue paper, sticks, pebbles, etc. My bear stash came in handy in providing a piece of tan Ultrasuede for the tipi! (You can guess my opinion of a third grade teacher who would assign such a thing in the two weeks before Christmas!)

diorama-sm.jpg

Need... more... coffee...
Mindy

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Hi Mindi,
Has the Jan/Feb edition been posted to subscribers yet?
It seems like I've had my Nov/Dec issue forever!!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:hug:  :hug:
Thanks for all your work Mindy!!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Mindy, wow - good luck with getting that diorama done in time along with this face book!  Bring on the coffee and chocolate  bear_happy   

Thanks for all your efforts and merry christmas,
Catherine
x

Mindy you need some elves to help you! And maybe one big scary troll to politely ask that teacher what the heck she was thinking and suggest she be a bit more considerate in the future.  :crackup:  Good grief, as if parents don't have enough to do this time of year.  bear_rolleyes   Anyway, thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to get my copy1 bear_thumb

Hi Jane!  We'll get you a copy somehow. The nearest town to me that has a B & N is 80+ miles away. I don't get to go very often but I do get up there occasionally. If no one else can get you a copy I'll find an excuse to make a trip up there.  bear_happy  There is a Hobby Lobby and a Joannes there too. Woohoo! :dance:

Stellajella Wien

Hi Mindy,

I wanted to take part in the Teddy bear Face book and sent you a picture, so first thing I did was check, how many AUSTRIANS did participate. ( I don´t know any other AUSTRIAN designing teddies, but that doesn´t mean that there aren´t any.)
But AUSTRIA isn´t even included in your list, so I hope, AUSTRIA didn´t  slide into the Australian applications.
We have no kangaroos here!  bear_grin
Thanx for your efforts for us! :hug:

I think, you understood your son´s teacher´s efforts to drive you up the wall wrong! She actually wanted the kids to make a diorama with the whole world until Christmas, but then thought, this was too much.  :crackup:

Don´t forget: breath in- breath out…..
Best regards from Vienna

Gaby bear_flower

Lancaster PA

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Having lots of friends and family to share gifts with and lots of teddy bear people submitting to my project are definitely good "problems" to have, so please don't think I'm complaining -- just a little overwhelmed! (OK, I'm complaining about the diorama. It's the week before Christmas, for pete's sake!)

Gaby, I added Austria to the list -- my apologies for the oversight. I also found an entry from the Czech Republic that was stuck in with Switzerland. It's a small world, but not THAT small!  :crackup:

Cheers!
Mindy

Stellajella Wien

Mindy, thanx!
AUSTRIA is such a wee country, we are so easily confused with Australia- you would not believe it!
And how many times Vienna is confused with Venice  :crackup: 
I work at the airport and I had a honey moon couple beraking down in tears when they arrived in Vienna, finding out that we don´t have gondolas here. I bet they had an even more romantic honey moon here in Vienna than they could have ever had in Venice ;)

Gaby bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Here are prices to advertise during the Face book addition

Here are the sizes, rates and what is included in the directory ads:

·         Bold Black and White Listing - $75 Includes: Company Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Fax, Email and Website

·         1/24 Page Four Color - $150 Includes: Company Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Fax, Email and Website. Plus your logo!

·         1/12 Page Four Color - $200 Includes: Company Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Fax, Email and Website. Plus your logo and a brief one sentence description.

All I would need is for you to send the above information and your logo or a small picture. We will put the ad together!

In regards to payment, you can provide us with a credit card or we can bill you for the ad. This will happen when we send the issue to the printer which will be around January 26th.

Board footer