Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

7 More days of 2007! :dance:

Now, I know that life isn't going to make a sudden turn for the better at 12:00am on January 1st but I've gotta say that I'm putting all my faith in such a miracle anyway!!!

For many of us this has been a very trying year to say the least. Many of us have experienced a lot of stress, heart ache, anger, death, divorce, serious illness, been 'run over', torn apart, stretched to the limit, patience tried, buttons pushed..... it's got to stop!

So, as I sit here on Christmas Eve, exhausted after a long day at the hospital with my grandmother who has pneumonia and is not expected to make it many more days..... I am looking past the festivities of tomorrow (when the rest of my family and then some will be at my house eating God knows what because I've been at the hospital the past two days and haven't cooked) and on to all the hope, opportunity, possibility and potential the new year may bring!

Here's to all that adversity we've faced this year and the strength and lessons it's taught us. And here's to a new year, almost here, and the fresh starts and hope it brings!

Love and hugs to you all!
It's been nice to be able to share each other's joys and challenges this year! With friendship we can survive anything!

:hug:
Daphne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Daphne, sounds like you could use a  :hug:
Sorry to hear about your grandmother!
Sending love your way.........

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

For you Daphne . . . .Hang in there

hug_polar2.gif

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Great big special gollydollyhugs to you Daphne.  You have certainly been a trooper and an angel to your family this year, with all the hospital trips and all.  Prayers for grandmom, and you and your family.

And soon on to househunting and new beginings.....

Blessings and love and prayers and hugs to you Daphne, may next year be a healthy one for you and yours and may you not have to step a foot inside a hospital for the whole year.....

gollyhugsandkisses

dilu

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Big Hugs to you Daphne,  will be thinking of you and your family over the holidays.

Hugs

Shane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sending a big, huge hug your way, Daphne.  Can you believe another year has gone by?  All of us have been challenged by one thing or another for twelve months and here we are . . . still leaning on each other and sharing our lives.  I can't think of a nicer family or better place to come to when things are tough or we want to share a good feeling.  May we all have a successful, happy, healthy 2007.  Thinking of you and your family, Daph.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I'm sorry Daphne to hear about your Grandmother.  Hang in there, and here's to a great 2007!  I just KNOW it's going to be a good one for you!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for the hugs my dear friends.... I have to be honest, I wasn't looking for sympathy and all, just wanted to spread a little optimism for next year along with being a little selfish and sharing the latest and hopefully last depressing chapter of my life in 2006!

...may next year be a healthy one for you and yours and may you not have to step a foot inside a hospital for the whole year.....

AMEN!!!

Hi Shane! Hugs and Merry Christmas wishes to you and Steven!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne, I hope 2007 is a year full of unimaginable blessings for you.  I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I I hope you can have a merry Christmas !

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Daphne sorry about  your grandmother and i do hope you have a less trying year in 2007! but your family is very lucky to have such a caring and  loving member as you!
hang in there and Merry Christmas! deb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Daphne, I could not agree with you more!  I'll be happy to see the backside of 2006...gosh, I even had problems typing the 6  :doh:  Even though for me it was the year my lovely Blossom finally arrived, I won't rank it as one of my all time best years.  Still, things have gotta be better in the new year...it is afterall, a NEW YEAR!  Time for better luck methinks.   :hug:

Celena Oxford

Awww...Daphne  :hug: So sorry to hear about your grandma.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thoughts are with you Daphne ,

Lynette

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

So sorry to hear about Grandma, lifting prayers now .... 2007 will be the BEST YEAR EVER !!!!!! WE have to hang on that thought. And with all of us as friends ... we can make it !!!! Love you all !!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks everyone! :hug:  :hug:

Nana continues to remain on antibiotics, fluids and sedatives.
She's very confussed and weak but no change in her condition.
So we wait.... at 95 anything can happen.... we're ready for what ever does...

She's had pneumonia many times before.... she's a fighter (she'll tell you it's the devil in her that's kept her going to this age - and let me tell you, she sure acts like the devil!!)...  :twisted:

Have I mentioned that, if she does make it through this, that we're moving her to a nursing home near us... where ever WE move to? So not only are we looking for a house for us but a home for her too! :doh:

5 more days of 2006......  :dance:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wacko Woman you are a glutton for punishment!!!  bear_wacko

Kathleen Pa

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Hang in there it's almost 2007!!!!!

Kathleen

Board footer