Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

K Pawz Guest

Hi everyone, just wanted to make you aware of the latest scam, taking advantage and using the war in Afg as a ploy to people...Isn't this considered profitering???? I have already forwarded on to eBay but wanted to let you all know as well...he was interested in my little Yorkie Tiger Lily...and if anyone wants the eBay id just email or PM me.
Hugs,
Krista

Hello there,

Thanks so much for you response to my email. As I have stated before I am purchasing as a gift for my wife.

I am currently working out of the country with the Canadian Embassy here in Afghanistan. I want her to have it as a part of the new year gifts I've been sending to her. 

Also, I will be sending part of my son's tuition schooling at the London Mertopolitan University to him too in the UK as a suprise package too for him and his mum.

She usually pay's then later I reimburse her. I want this as a suprise for both of them and I hope you would be willing to assist in packaging the item well for UPS/FedEx pickup and also sending the required funds to pay up my son's tuition to him in the UK via Western Union Money Transfer?

A debtor will be issuing out payment to you as soon as possible if you are willing to assist. Plus, I will be willing to give you extra $30 for you time and effort if you are willing to help.

If the answers to my questions are yes, kindly have your name, address and cell phone number sent to me so that payment may be issued asap.

May your dreams come true.

Thanks and God bless

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

hah, something new every day.

Lynette

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

But gee Krista, you get an extra $30 for your efforts? Isn't it worth it?  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Like, do people believe this stuff? I wonder how many people thought that is a legit offer and have sent money to have his son's tuition paid. Just for $30 too. Weirdos.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

actually, unfortunately people do believe in these scams or they wouldn't be so persistent! One of my sister-in-law's (who has other 'problems') got caught in a get rich quick scheme where they gave her cheques to deposit, she kept a portion and then sent the rest to an overseas account. Her bank caught on quick and she was almost charged with fraud.  :doh:

Marion

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

The nerve of some people!!! Makes me SO cross!  bear_angry

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

I get emails sometimes saying that this person lives in Africa andhave millions but can not use the bank that so need to use my bank and I will get a % of the full money. but what gets me is that they want you to give all your info for the bank account and no sane person wil do this, surley!?
Lena 1014.gif

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

It's amazing what people will try on to pull off on a scam and sadly yes there are people who fall for it. Come across that African scam a few times - they just keep trying because they know they will catch someone in the end.
We had a credit card sale once on our doggie jewellery website from Nigeria and they purchased 20 of the same item. I ask you who in Nigeria would want 20 American Cocker Spaniel brooches!! This was a scam in reverse (a stolen CC) because we actually got the money but we didn't send the goods as we knew it was a scam and to the credit card company's discredit they never claimed (200GBP!)  the money back.  bear_rolleyes

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

lulubears Posts: 280

Another scam that is going on is that you will receive a message in your regular e-mail (not your e-Bay account) and it looks just like it came from e-Bay.  I just received one that indicated someone had sent me a message in regards to a dispute that had been opened on a item that had been sold.

The subject line has one item number and in the body of the message, there is a different one.

I went to my e-bay account, and there is nothing in there, which I knew shouldn't be, as I hadn't sold anything on e-Bay.  When I typed in the item numbers, one is non-existent and the other was an Italian auction for a pair of high-end running shoes that had ended back in November.

I just never click on anything in an e-mail that pertains to e-Bay unless it comes directly through my e-Bay account.  If I had the time on my hands that these people do, I'd never have to worry about getting bears finished!

Luann

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lulu, I just got an identical email like yours.  It was in hubby's email and that's the first clue - he doesn't belong to ebay and I've never used his email account for anything related to ebay.  I didn't open it, but when I checked the auction number on ebay, it ended last August!  I forwarded it to ebay, then deleted it.  He almost got caught on a phishing one from AOL.  He pays for an email account with them and he wouldn't believe me that an email he got was a scam.  After arguing for 5 minutes, I made him phone AOL and it was a scam.  I couldn't believe he was that naive, so now I screen his email and delete them before he sees them LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

K Pawz Guest

Oh I hear you, if only to have the time these people do!!! Thank god that I put immediate payment required on the BIN or I am sure that he would have used it!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Board footer