Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

1_2body.jpgHi all,
I have been struggling with this blasted bear for months bear_cry , yahoo I'm finally finished. :dance:   My mother has been after me like forever to make her another bear (lost count on how many of mine she has) I got her to chose some mohair when she came to visit me in the summer,  Little did I know she would pick green mohair UGGGG not a colour I would not have chosen in a zillion years. I found it hard to strum up some excitement when it came time to start this critter.  I told her she would have him by Christmas well xmas has come and gone and he just left for his new home this morning, I have never managed to get my parents gifts to them in time maybe next year.  I haven't made a thing in months this guy has really taken it's toll on me I hope the bear making spark returns soon cause I have a show to get ready for.
Anywho here he is in all his ugggly green loveliness. :crackup:stand.jpg
momsbear.jpg
hugs deborah

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

I love his face. Such an expressive look. I like the dark green and his eyes.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well the color choice might not have been ideal but you sure did some bangup work on him!  He's got an absolutely PERFECT nose and the most wonderfully sweet face.  I rather like him, myself, and he'll be perfect to usher in St. Paddy's Day come March.  His little pigment-dipped paws are super cute!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Deborah
He is drop dead gorgeous- if your Mother isn't happy with him I would be only to happy to take him off her hands!!! What show and where is the one you are getting ready for- is it a TBOV show?
I am in Peterborough Ont
Hugs
Gail

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Well, I think he is just wonderful.  Your eye color and shading color choices are just perfect for the green fur.  Your mom will surely love him to pieces.  My mom has a ton of my bears too.  I just gave her one before we left on our trip (we're in Nashville for 2 weeks) because whe was so sweet to dog-sit my two doggies.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Everything about him is perfect!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Anywho here he is in all his ugggly green loveliness.

Deborah how could you!
He is beautiful, I don't even mind the green, it's subtle and you have given him a wonderful face. I think he is great!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

He is one fantastic creation ..... you should feel very proud of how he has turned out

sarahjane Brisbane

I think he is wonderful and his lovely minty green colour suits him well....I have a bear made out of this very same mohair and colour and love the way she turned out, but it can be such a challenge when working with something that doesn't inspire you at all.....you have done very well to come up with such a lovely bear.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Think he's beautiful...wonderful expression and Love his colors.
                                                         Mikki

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

WOW outstanding work as always deborah  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

He is just wonderful.  Love the face and those eyes!!!  I like the color of course most of my house is in shades of green!

Jane

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Deborah, he is gorgeous!.. and I love green so I think that makes him extra special bear_original Your Mom is going to love him.
Hugs!!
Melanie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yes, he's green, but he is a nice green!!!!! I personally love him, but how i could not love one of your bears?

They have a special quality!
Danni

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I LOVE that mint green colour - infact the last bear I made was the same colour!

I think this bear is outstanding - but I think ALL of your bears are!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think he is gorgeous, even being green he is gorgeous!  bear_wub  bear_wub

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Green is my favorite color!! I love this bear! Very beautiful nose and color "tips"! I bet your mom will love him!
             JeannieB bear_original

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

He's wonderful Deborah.....how could you call him ugly!...he has such a lovely
expression, and the colour is really soft and subtle...I love him !!!  bear_wub

Yvonne  bear_flower

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Absolutely beautiful .......  :clap: 

How could you say he's ugly - shame on you - you'll give him a complex  :crackup:    bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I think he's absolutely beautiful.  I love the way you've used the colours to make this bear work and he has the most perfect face ... he's really distinctive.  Exceptional work!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Ah you guys Im truly overwhelmed by all your lovely comments regarding this fella. I guess I need to take a look at him through the eyes of others, give the poor fella a chance.  All I can see is struggle and frustration and many tears and whining ( I don't want to doooo this bear, that's what my hubby had to listen to for months) I really don't do well with commissions especially commissions from family, they are the hardest to complete.  Lots of deep rooted issues at the bottom of this one maybe that was my struggle, shouldn't take it out on the bear cause he is kinda cute in all his greenness.
I hope I didn't offend all you green lovers out there, I'm not anti green by no means.  To tell you the truth green is one of my favorite colours and I have rooms in my house painted green just not this green.  I guess it wasn't the colour that stressed me but who I was making him for, I know my ma will love him and I'm glad I was able to put things aside and finish him up for her. 

Hey Gail- the show I'm getting ready for is the 2007 TBAI show in New York (and I just launched my web page Yahoo!!! finally so I'm trying to hord bears for that too.) I know it is not until Aug but for once in my life I'm not going to put things off until the last second, I'm planing ahead this time. :crackup: Will see how I pull it off.  I haven't done Marks show for a year now and I do miss them he puts on a great show but I can only do one show a year and this one in New York is fantabulis.

Anywho thanks guys for taking a peek and making me see this fella through different eyes.
Hugs Deborah

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yes, it is funny how we see our own work.
I love this guy, my favorite of yours that I've seen. I love the color and his face. It's too bad he wasn't for sale.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've just finished a creature made from a swirly green curly alpaca that is about that shade. I hope my swap partner likes green!!
Your bear is lovely with such a sweet face cause it's not easy being green!

Marion

Stellajella Wien

...and sure worth every tiny bit of frustration :)
HE IS ADORABLE!!!!
Love him!!!
Well done! bear_thumb

Gaby bear_flower

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Green mohair wouldn't be my first choice either, but, wow.... you did an amazing job on him!!!! I am totally impressed, he is one green bear I would welcome into my home!
Aeri

Board footer