Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lulubears Posts: 280

Gunny-Jan.jpgGunnie-sunning.jpgI've had a number of inquiries about our cat that returned home after having been missing for so many weeks (almost 7 weeks.)

I'm happy to report that he is the picture of health, and has gained back close to 5 pounds of the 7 pounds of weight he lost while gone.  I have been going outside with him when it is nice and sunny outside, and he is loving every minute of his outside time.  He loves nothing better than feeling the grass and leaves under his feet.  He doesn't get out of my sight, though, and doesn't stay out for long.

His entire personality has changed and he has become a very loving and affectionate cat, whereas before he was his "own little man" and grumbled if you dared to bother him.  He sits on my lap now, enjoys sleeping in the bed and insists on getting a drink from a faucet.  (It's beneath him to drink from a bowl like the others.)  He prefers his drinks to be fresh and on tap.

Anyway...here is a photo I took of him outside enjoying a dirt bath in the sun.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I'm so glad he's doing so well after his little disappearing act!

He looks like a lovely little chap!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Beautiful cat , thank God she found her way home !!!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Your cat looks in lovely condition.We lost our pedigree cat a few weeks ago and he was an indoor cat.He turned up after three days and it was such a worry trying to find him-we don't know where he had been.His brother is glad he is back as they love to chase each other.You must have been so relieved when he turned up after all that time and I am glad he is ok.
Laurie :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What a sweetie, glad he found his way back home and is safe!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a sweet kitty!  I didn't read about this before.  He was gone for almost seven weeks?  bear_cry The joy you must have felt when he returned!!  bear_original  bear_original   

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That picture is so sweet.  I love kitties.  It touches me especially because we had to put down my cat Ginger just last Friday; she deteriorated amazingly quickly from acute onset kidney failure which the vet believes was congenital; it only took a week to steal her from us.  There was nothing to be done.  And your Gunnie looks just like Ginger!

Thanks for the sweet pictures and for helping me smile about an orange kitty again.  I'm so, so glad that you can enjoy your beautiful cat once more, because I know too well how hard it is to lose one.  Enjoy this purring beaut!

bear_flower

lulubears Posts: 280

Hi Aleta.  He was gone 2 days shy of 7 weeks.  He went missing right at Thanksgiving, and apparently someone had shut him up in either a shed or garage.  Luckily, he had enough body weight to sustain him.  He weighed 14 pounds when he went missing and 7 when he returned.  The vet said he was just in remarkablpe for being gone so long, and very lucky to still be alive.  Oh, how I wish he could tell me where he'd been.  Luckily, he was out of the elements at least.

I literally went door to door for blocks and talked to everyone I saw.  I posted fliers with his picture, looked in garages and sheds and under every car I could.  His info and picture were plastered on every animal website I could find and I went to the local shelter daily for weeks.  I walked the neighborhood every morning and evening for weeks calling his name.

I still called him every evening at dusk and every morning when I went outside.  I like to think he could hear me and that is part of what kept him alive all that time.  The other part of me doesn't like to think that someone living so close and knowing how desperately I was trying to find him would have locked him up. 

Then, one evening - my husband heard something at the front door, and he walked right in - horribly thin and starving - and desperately happy to be home.  He's been fattening up ever since.

Shelli - there's just nothing like an orange cat is there?  One of my other cats is a tuxedo cat and I just love her to pieces.  She is the most fun and playful cat I've ever had.  Her name is Sox, but we call her "Soxilla".  I'll let your imagination tell you why.  She is an adorable cat!

Luann

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Soxilla?   :crackup:  :crackup: The zilla part is perfect for my Max.  From now on when he's naughty I'll call him Maxzilla!  It fits perfectly.  That boy is a handful!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Luann,
     Yeahhhh!  We finally get to see Gunnie.  I've been thinking about him a lot - we have a mischievious orange cat as well.  They really are different than other cats.  Nosier, more curious, and more aloof and our Thumper will ONLY drink from the toilet! YUCK.

Gunnie looks blissfully happy with his dirt bath, lol!  The sun must feel wonderful, for him.  It's delightful to see him well, happy and back where he belongs - what a fabolous ending for all of you!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What terrific pictures of Gunnie . . . looks like his ordeal is a thing of the past.  That's great news!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Im happy that your cat is well! Such a sweetie!! bear_wub

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

This is such a wonderful story. I told my family about it.  It is no suprise that it has changed him - but it is lovely to hear, that it has changed him for the better.

THanks for the update!!!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So glad Gunnie is happy again and back where he belongs.
Such a great story and thanks for sharing the photos -such a cute pussy cat.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh now.. bear_cry  how scare to heard that your lovey cat was gone for a such long time ???
I am so glad that he came back home safety and
he looks doing very well.  :hug:
Thanks for sharing your photo.
He has beautiful tiger print fur ! how cool.  bear_thumb

Board footer