Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I unexpectedly got a little bit of money for my upcoming birthday( bear_tongue for the birthday not the money!) and orders  to "do something nice for myself"...So this is what I did (or bought actually!) and wanted to share him with you!
He wasn't lots of money and I know he isn't a rare steiff or anything but I loved his been-loved-lots expression.
Any of you vintage bear collectors have any insight to his history besides the fact that he's a stick bear?
Thanks in advance!
Cheryl bear_flower

29f1_1.jpg26b4_1.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great find, Cheryl!  He's marvelous!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

What wonderful stories this great old bear could tell.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

IM000453.JPGYour bear looks very similar to my old bear.  Mine is a Petz bear from the 1920's.  He was my dad's teddy bear.  Don't under estimate the value of your bear.  Mine appraised at $750.00 before repairs were made.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
millie wrote:

Your bear looks very similar to my old bear.  Mine is a Petz bear from the 1920's.  He was my dad's teddy bear.  Don't under estimate the value of your bear.  Mine appraised at $750.00 before repairs were made.

Wow, Millie what a treasure to have your Dad's bear!
The 2 bears do have a similiar look don't they? I don't actually have the bear yet, only the pictures but I'm looking forward to giving him the 'once over' and see if there are any clues to his heritage. Believe it or not, I got him for $26 which I think was quite a bargain!

Cheryl bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What a sweet expression....I am very happy for you!  and what a great birthday present to yourself~!

good for you!

gollygoodniceynicehugsand gollyslobberkisses

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A wonderful birthday present for yourself Cheryl and one that you will enjoy.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Cheryl,

You really hit the jackpot!  What a bargain.  If you want some help identifying your bear, you can contact Ken Yenke.  You can send him pictures of the bear and he will appraise it for a very small charge.  I can get his address if you decide you want it.  I think he does an article in Teddy Bear Review and you could find his contact info there also.

Board footer