Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi everyone,  I'm on the hunt for small wings for a bear and I'm not having much luck locating any.  (I may just have to get creative and make my own I guess).

I would prefer feather wings but I'm open to anything, I'm looking for something that is maybe 3" wide from wing to wing. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

big hugs

Shane

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Shane,

The last bear I needed wings for I made them. I bought a big bag of feathers at one of the craft stores and kept going through the bag until I found exactly the size I wanted. I think I used 3 or 4 different sizes on each side of the wing. I played with the feathers until I got exactly the shape I was going for. I then used some white wire and wrapped it around the center in a criss cross manner. To hide the wire I used a ribbon to attach to the bear.

I did find two websites that sell feather wings. The first one is BJ Craft Supply but they are 3 1/2" wide. http://www.bjcraftsupplies.com/dolls/angelwings3.asp The second one is Sunshine Crafts
Here is another one but they are wider: http://www.sunshinecrafts.com/search.ph … 2&Type=ALL

I hope that helped. If you want to try making them and need any additional help, just PM or email me.

Hugs,

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey Shane...

Sassy Bears has a variety of wings made from different materials as well as a pair that are made from feathers and are 3.5 inches wide.  Here's The link :

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.c … atch=exact

Hope I Could Help,

Jeremy

Newelley.Bears

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Shane: I made a bear many years ago with feather wings. I wanted the scale right so I found an ostrich feather boa in the craft store. It made a delightful feathery wings. I sewed the shape of a wing from the mohair. I cut strips of the feather boa to be attached to the top. You could cover the entire wing, but I only needed to do the top and it looked wonderful.

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

There are also instructions for making feather wings in Teddy Bears with a Past on page 104.

hugs,
nt

Waterloo, Ontario

Thanks Nancy I even have that book sheesh  why didn't I think of looking there, but you know sometimes there is so much information everywhere you don't know where to look first or maybe I was just being lazy and didn't want to take the time to look  :crackup: . 

Thanks as well Jeremy I never thought of Sassybears either, man I must of had a major brain fart  not thinking of them either.

Big hugs and thanks again

Shane

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi there guys1 I have been rumaging through my mountains of stuff and I have a small pair of white feather angel wings about the size you are looking for. They are about 3" from wing end to wing end. You are most welcome to them. I would not want a dime for them as they are far to small for my bears. I believe we ordered them from a bear place in Australia. Just let me know and they are yours!

Hugs Louise

Waterloo, Ontario

Thank you so much Louise, that would be wonderful.  I"ve sent you off a pm .

big hugs

Shane

Board footer