Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00771-2.JPGDSC00768-2.JPGOK  This is my first felted golly- I'm not sure I would do another this small-hard to dress-  the sleeves were a killer.

But he is done, and I feel like Dr. Bosley! :lol::lol::lol:

(For our friends overseas, Dr. Bosley started the hair plug clinic for bald men a million years ago and advertised on TV for many many many many years....needle felting the hair on made me feel like I putting in hair plugs.)

I had a choral director who used to get hair plugs all the time.  And he would be canducting us and the little scabs would pop off- kinda hard to hold it together when something like that happens....Yes, you are so right; Diane laughs at inappropriate times....

Anyway, I hope this little guy, whom I think I will name Bosley, makes you giggle inappropriately, or at least smile...:):):)

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Dilu,
                 Bosley is tiny, you must have great patience too amongst all your other attributes. He's Super man he he.  Love Him xxx

Hugs from Rita xxx

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh my gosh Dilu....I will never look at a gollie again without thinking of Mr. Bosley...what a riot!  ROFL
Your Mr. Bosley is just adorable.  I don't think I have ever known anyone quite as golliehappy as you.  Your little creations are just wonderful.
nanc.......

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely adorable Dilu! You are having a great time with this needle felting arn't you? It shows in these wonderful little creatures you are creating. Great Job! He is too cute for words Hon!

Many Hugs Louise

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

He's wonderful Dilu....you are the Golly Queen aren't you?  Exactly how tall is Bosley? 

Shantell

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu what a scream!  He is darling!  I love the colored shirt and buttons.  What do you use for the hair?  On the golly girl I have, that you created, it feels real. Very fine and soft too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Dilu . . . you're going golly great guns with this needlefelting!!  Yes, how tall (or small) is this little Bosley guy?  Cute, cute outfit he has on!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I have the most awful, hysterically funny visual now, of music combined with tiny, springy, circular scabs.

I've seen Dr. Bosley on TV; I stay up late and occasionally run across his infomercials.  Not a bad looking guy, hairplugs or otherwise!

AWESOME Golly, of course, Dilu.  Thanks for making me smile big.  And not at all, inappropriately. bear_laugh

BethBear Posts: 27

Interesting to be sure.

Deb Upstate New York

Holy cow ... you've been busy!  He's so cute.  How tiny is tiny?

Deb (NY)

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Dilu -

You are fabulous and what a mental picture I have of scabs popping off and hair plugs.  Bosley is precious with his very colorful outfit.  I am certainly smiling.

Jill

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Dilu... I see a new family of felted Gollies in your future!!!
He's great! I love him! For a little fella he's got lots of spirit!!

Do tell how big/little he is!

Daphne

Well guys, I just measured him, he is 21/2 inches tall- what my index finger is-

Actually- one of the gals mentioned that she broke a lot of needles when she felted doll hair onto vinyl heads....so I remembered what my dolls looked like and used the same wool to felt into Bosley's head as he is made of...

Judi, my regular gollies have mohair- Intercal has some lucious 2-3" long thich stuff and Edinburgh has 4", not as soft and lucious, but wild.

I'm so glad you guys got a laugh-  I can still remember him, MR. MARTIN,
his family gave him hair plug gift certificates for everything, father's day, b-days, Christmas, any excuse at all.  I was in choir for 3 years and also did the musicals and I never really thought his hair plugs made any differance.  Poor guy. 

Well I have a purple bear to finish---trying to do toe nails!

Gollyhugs

dilu

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

He makes me giggle.  Sooo cute!  He looks like your sewn gollies!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh... Dilu, he is cute !!! You must have so many patience to create such small
felt golly. bear_laugh Amazing ! and more amazing thing is he is wearing cloth!!!
How can you sew something so small with sewing machine !! I think you are
super sewing machine woman.( I think I said this before too... hahaha)

I can't wait to see your purple bear ! bear ! bear ! bear !(sorry to carry on... )

Hugs/Marie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

that is a wonderful Golly Dilu, I love the bright colours. Bosley made me giggle and smile
Has hair like Don King - that boxing guy!:)

hugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a cracker! Love him Di,  your wonky personality really comes out in Bosley.
I'm laughed out load when I saw him, not in an unkind way of course but in a wow wonks has done it again way...you know what I mean! i just love the little guy.

Well guys, I just measured him, he is 21/2 inches tall- what my index finger is-

now is it my eyes or did I really read 21.2 inches tall or is it 2 ½ tall ?ummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane. bear_happy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Dilu he is just great!  (and love the story too bear_grin )

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Oh! Dilu, Mr Bosley is just too cute for words. Boy did you make me laugh.
If anyone is interested 2 1/2 inches is 6.5cm in metric.
Sorry but I can't figure things in the imperial system anymore. I keep having to convert.
But boy Dilu I love that Golli!!!!.     Matilda

Hi guys,

I am glad you laughed or smiled.  My honey asked, when I put pigmonkeybear on the site why I would show some so "uuuuggggglllllllyyyyy"  :lol:

I told him that sometimes a person just needs to know it is ok to laugh at ourselves and that gives other's a kind of permission to laugh too. 

Jane- yu sillikins-  although I wonder how long it would take to make a 21" golly....hmmmm....I don't think I will live long enough-and I'm only 53. :lol::lol:

Marie, re: super small clothing; I did the sleeves and collar by hand, but the rest isn't too hard on the machine, and it is much faster.

Daphne, you are right- he needs a little sister, right now he is like Rudoph
with Santa-the other gollies are making fun of him and won't let him play in any golly games...humph!

bear_tongue Dillydoop bear_tongue

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, what an amazing creation! So tiny and yet soo detailed. And those clothes!! I can't even imagine sewing small clothes for a 10" bear, let alone that!!!! You are the golly QUEEN!!
Heather

Board footer