Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

To my disappointment I will not be sending my bears to the TED Awards at the Teddybär Welt show  in Germany.  Due to weight packaging costs, I am unable to send them. My bears require stands to display them, because of the clay feet. The stands for my bears are heavy and have added a lot of costs to the package weight for shipping. The shipping cost was estimated at about $150.00 to $200.00 dollars per bear. That is just not possible for me to send them at that price. I have tried to create different ways to display my bears safely and lessen the cost of shipping. So, I would be able to send them, but have been unable to find a way other than their original cases.

So to my regret and disappointment my bears will not be attending the event.

I want to thank everyone who has given me their support in the event so far.
I wish all the Nominated artist the best of luck at the event.

kassie

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad A supreme bummer.   bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad   Shipping is such a bugaboo.   bear_angry

Warmest (I sorry) bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh I'm sorry......$150.00~$200.00 per bear is too expensive.  bear_cry  I don't think I could send it either with the price.  bear_ermm

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Boooooo . . . so sorry, Kassie, your nominated bears were terrific.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kassie,

Honey, we are heartbroken for you.  I am so very very sorry.... bear_cry

verysadhugsandkisses

dilu

puca bears puca bears

Me too, Kassie - sorry to hear that! I don't know if the postage you quoted included return post - but I will say that the Deutsche Post is VERY expensive. And I second what Ellen said - I could quote any number of stories of problems in getting beasrs back, so you are probably better NOT sending them!
Latest from Ted Worldwide is that non-exhibitors, bringing in their bears will have to purchase a show entry ticket......now last year, they had a side door to the hall for nominated bears, and doors to the main show areas were closed, so you couldn't sneak in even if you wanted to - so I really don't see what the problem is - they just want MORE money! I have written to camplain, but I would be most surprised if I got a reply....so I will arrive on Sat morning, all geared up for a big row!!! I'm taking my bear, and Jennie sandahl's Solomon in, but I think this will be my last time at Ted Worldwide!
I'm not attending th awards ceremony on Sat, but I have friends who will be there, so I'll find out results for you, and let you know how you got on
huggies
Maria

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kas, I am so sorry to hear about this.  I know how much this meant to you and how disappointing it is. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Even though we all want to win awards always know that you are not defined by these competitions.  You work is beautiful and very original.

I did not enter the Golden George contest this year because of all the poor communications from the show promoters. They never retrun emails.  I had no idea that my pieces ever arrived or if I even sent them to the right place because they never told me where to send them after repeated requests for this information.   I was totally in the dark...and I had three of my best peices sent not even knowing if I would ever see them again.  I did get them back but there was ZERO communication  unlike the TITA...who are EXCELLENT with communication and very prompt responses to email.

Kassie, you're a big winner in my book! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Oregon

oh you guys are so great. thank you so much.  :hug:  :hug:
Judi, Ellen, Maria, wow your stories have made me feel much better. I was really concerned about sending them without their display boxes, I did consider it, but thought if a foot got broken or finger, that would be heart breaking. So all you have said has made that much better. I also thought if I did not send my bears that I would not qualify to be voted on. I was confused due to the translation. As it turns out. I got an email from TED requested if I could possible send pictures, that I can do. I will be sending 12”x 18” framed pictures for the display. I will also include a piece of fabric for each bear, to give everyone a touchy feely experience. LOL So, it should work out fine.

Dilu & Judi - you are the greatest.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta, Marie & Sue Ann, thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind thoughts.
Ellen, I am rutting for you dear. Your wonderful  raccoon is going to win hearts by the dozens.  bear_original
Marie, thank you so much. I would love to hear about the event. Take a lot of pictures if you can.  bear_original  I would love to see how they display my bears pictures, as well as seeing all the other bears. I am sure Ellen would love to know too.

hugs kassie

puca bears puca bears

Kassie -   no problems - we'll go armed with camera, and get news posted as soon as....
huggies
Maria bear_flower

Oregon

hi Maria,

Wow that is going to be great. I can't wait to see.  bear_original  bear_original Thank you so much.

hugs kassie

Board footer