Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

closeup.jpgbacking.jpgHey beary pals,
Yup you read it right I'm trying to pawn off some of my mini fabric.  My mom picks up most of my mini fabric for me, she has better luck getting the good stuff than I do. Some times however she picks up fabric that would be great for minis but it is not the wonderful stuff we all would kill for you know the Vintage Long pile.  I don't have the heart to tell her that this isn't really what I'm looking for cause she tries so hard, but now I'm stuck with all this fabric and I won't be able to use it in a million years.

So here is where TT comes in.  If any of you mini bear makers could use some vintage not so long but fuzzy pile, Big Bird yellow mini fabric then give me a shout.  I have 8 pieces that I'm going to pass around to anyone who thinks they could use it for free you heard me for FREE!!!!!!  :dance:
Now this stuff is very soft and fuzzy but not the really long pile good fabric, it has a weaved backing but not like the long pile. Each piece is about 26"x 15" give or take a few inches.  I haven't tried to use it myself so not sure if it will even work for a mini but I thought why not see if anyone could find a use for it, beats sitting in my studio collecting dust.

So if your interested please PM me and send your mailing address.  I only have eight pieces cut and cleaned at the moment( comes washed and form a smoke free home, however I do have pets and they like to help me pack things up so please excuse any extra stray hairs).  I will be taking names as they come in, first come first gets...... I will then put every ones name in a hat and whomever name I pick you will get a extra special surprise :clap:  :clap: Yahoo I love surprises.

Now get those name in
Hugs Deborah

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Hi Deborah,

I've just sent you a PM!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Deb,
     Nope, don't want any, just saying "hi"!  Finally home after 10 days of babysitting, and will be ready for another long chat before you know it.  Love ya!

hugs,

Brenda

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

What a kind offer!! bear_wub
I've just sent you a PM too!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Wow....what an awesome gesture!! bear_wub  I sent you a PM too Deborah, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if all 8 pieces are already spoken for! bear_thumb

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Wow...

What a nice gesture Debora.  I'm sure it will come in handy for all of the mini bear artists on here.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

-180pix-cropped.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOYYYYYYYYYYYY I sent you an e mail also, how very kind !!!!  bear_grin

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh free stuff, always so much better than the stuff you have to pay for I find.....   bear_tongue  :dance:

How nice of you Deborah - you're a gem!!   :hug:  :hug:    Would love to see creations made from Deborah's fabric!!  bear_original

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yes, who ever gets some has to share what they made !!! And call it Deborah fur !!!!  bear_tongue  That would be fun . Hand made and designed by ------- With Deborah fur !!!! Every one will go WHAT THE HECK IS THAT !!!! bear_shocked

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Deborah , I PM'd you too.

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

WOW!!!! I knew I'd have some jumpers but didn't think I would get this many responses.   I think that's the most PM's I have ever gotten in all my time here on TT, makes me feel like a rock star bear_grin I unfortunately will have to close the doors on this freebe offer for the time being.  This has been fun and I'm sure mom will continue to send stuff so keep your peepers open for more give aways in the future.  I'm in the process of PM ing everyone and hope to have the packages in the mail in the next few days.  I will do the draw for the special surprise pack and post the winners name.
Hope everyone who receives this fabric isn't disappointed cause it ain't the good Vintage long pile but fun fuzzy stuff that might work or might not.
Hugs to all
Deborah

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Wow, yes please if you have any left after all the requests.... will email you now.

Your an angel to do this....Deborah

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Deborah

It looks to me as if your fabric is vintage rayon.  It's a dream fabric for making the tiniest of bearies - as it absolutely doesn't fray and is a dream to turn.  I've made one inchers from this fabric. 

For those of you who've nabbed this fabric, you'll find that it'll probably mat down as you use it.  It looks all flat and aged which is great if you want an old looking bear. ..if you want your bear to look brand spanking you can use an eyelash brush/comb to bring it back to fluffiness.  it works better than anything else I've tried (toothbrush, fur-comb etc) and is gentle on the small fabric

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I don't need any, but what a really nice thing to do!
bear_flower  bear_flower   bear_thumb bear_flower  bear_flower
Bear Hugs
Jodi

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hey Beary Friends
Well Hubby just did the honours and picked a name from the hat for the special surprise package..... Drum Roll Please and the name picked for this package is ..........ANN MALONE YAHOO!!!!! :clap: So you my dear will be getting something extra groovy, and I ain't going to spill the beans, so no asking. You'll just have to wait and see what ya get. 

Melissa- I know the picture looks like the vintage long pile but I'm sad to inform everyone it is not, I have many pieces of the long pile and this isn't it.  However it is vintage but not the long shiny good stuff this is more stiff and fuzzy.  The backing is different than the grid backing on the long pile, though I don't think this stuff Frey's either, I would still use Frey check.

Any who this has been fun will be getting the packages ready and hope to have them in the mail in the next few days.  I'm covering shipping so no need for anyone to worry, just sit back and enjoy, and keep your peepers on your mail box.
Take care guys would love to see what you all can create from this fun fuzzy stuff.
Hugs Deborah

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

OH!! OH!!!  yippeee!!!  You are an ABSOLUTE DOLL to begin with, now I get something EXTRA????  I am beside myself with appreciation.  I lurk alot here, but have learned sooo much from everyone here.  And the way everyone helps each other just blows me AWAY!  I was racking my brain trying to think what to send back to you for your generosity, I definitely need to think much harder now.  Thank you again!!

PS - I feel like I just won the lottery!!   bear_grin

Board footer