Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

malepainteddonetreeback2a.jpgHi everyone,

I thought I would share one of my pieces for the gallery show next week. It is going to be great.

This is one of my sculptures that will be at the show. His name is Tanavar Oakwalker.  He is a tree De Va.

He has been a big job. He was over two months work, between other works of course.  He is made from polymer clay, he is 7 inches tall. His tree is Juniper wood I got last year when I went to Red Bluff, with a sculptured tree house made from apoxie clay.
There is a lot I just can’t capture in photos, there are highlights and techniques I have used to give him a mystical look, that would not show up in photos. He has leaves for wings, that have a shimmer.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like him. I included a few pictures because there is a lot to see on this guy.

hugs kassie   
I have tried a different picture insert - I do hope they work ....

malepainteddonefrontfull4.jpg

maleinsidefrontangle1.jpg

malepainteddoneside3.jpg

malepainteddonefull1.jpg

malepainteddonefrontcp1.jpg

maleinsideside5a.jpg
this one is kinda slanted - opps 

maleinsidefheadcp3.jpg

malecamaflagedoshead3.jpg

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Wow Kassie, He is amazing!!! You have done an incredible job on this sculpture.

Oregon

Hi Terrie,

I was doing pm messages responses so I just missed your post. Thank you so much. I am glad you like him.  :hug:
Thank you for you post. It is nice to hear what others think. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to post.  bear_original

hugs kassie

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Kassie,
Honey, having watched him develop from inception to completion I can honestly say the transformation is truly astounding.....nooooo  I am not being niceynice....just honest.....but you already know.....

You have come so far in the past year with your sculpting techniques, and you should feel quite proud of yourself....

I wish you the best, and wish I could be there to see your opening....my best wishes are with you and I hope everything goes well and sells out!!!

gollygslobberkisses, which as you know are messy, but you do understand

dilu

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Positively breathtaking. All the best at the gallery show
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

WOW!!! It's fantastic! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  It's wonderfully imaginative and yet your portrayal of the male figure seems very accurate. I would really enjoy seeing more of your sculptures since I am a bit of a sculptor myself. Hope you show goes very well!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Crikey! thats really something!!!!! bear_thumb

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow that is amazing I love it I hope your show is an overwhelming success!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Kassie, i have to say there are no words to describe how big is my awe for such an amazing work!

I never imagined your talent was so wide. and the only thing I am desappointed about is that i may never have an opportunity to admire your work in flesh (is that the good way to say for real, not only on pictures????).

There is definately some magy and fantasy look in your arty tree.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Amazing work, Kassie! no doubt this tree will catch many pairs of eyes on the show day!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kassie girl!  You are a brilliant artist.  This piece is truely amazing and original! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   You have a such a creative imagination.  I wish you all the best at the show .  You must be so pleased and excited.  Please let us know how it goes for you.

BIG HUGS. :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

You actually made that!! Absolutely unbelievable talent, it is wonderful.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Oregon

Oh thank you all so much. I am truly blushing here.

Dilu my dear friend – you know how I feel – you are truly a treasure!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi girl – thank you so much hon. I wish you and Dilu could be there. That would be so cool.  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta is going to come, so that is going to be so cool! I am so looking forward to meeting her.

Hi Tami, thank you so much. I would be happy to share sculpting with you. When my show is over we will have to cheat chat about it. J

Sophie, thank you so much.

(is that the good way to say for real, not only on pictures????

). yes, that is a wonderful way. I know exactly what you mean. I wish you could see them in person too.

Wendy, thank you hon -  bear_original  :hug:

Pauline, Sarah, Gail, thank you so much. I am glad you like him.  bear_original

hugs and thank you for all the well wishes.
Saturday is the big day.

kassie

Board footer