Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

bosley1.jpgHi everyone.  Just a couple photos of my new bear, completed this week.  My stoop outside is a little soggy today so I took these photos on my front porch.  Bosley turned out to be quite a stout little guy.  I used a longer and more dense fur than usual, which added to his girth.  After completing him and seeing his size, I considered taking him apart and redoing his body with a couple inches added in to the length, but then I looked at him later with "fresh" eyes, and changed my mind.  I also changed my arm and leg patterns, adding a bit of a curve.  Perhaps too much curve on the arms...........  Subtle air-brushing to emphasize his center-seam and a hand-dyed silk bow complete this giant.  Anyway, here he is!

bosley2.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OOOOOH Connie! You do such a wonderful job with your traditional bears! Beautiful face!I love the center seam and the nice round shape it gives the top of their heads. Lovely fur choice too. bear_wub

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I think he's quite perfect! It's amazing what 'fresh eyes' will do isn't it? I wouldn't change a thing! bear_thumb

Cheryl bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

LOVE this bear!!  bear_wub Nice round shape to the top of the head.  Lovely center seam design.  I wouldn't change a thing either!  He's fabulous just the way he is.  When will you be offering your bears for adoption?  You should be......the interest is there!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Love your front door, your chair and the brick stoop too!!  bear_original  bear_original The designer in me notices every little thing!   bear_laugh

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Tami, Cheryl, and Aleta........  thank you so much!  I am so happy to see you like this guy.  I am a bit partial to him myself at the moment....  a big, chubby brother to my last fellow, Boggsie...........  Aleta, thank you for asking.  I have decided to "take the leap" and offer my next bear for sale........  I think I will try selling him here first, before attempting the monster that is eBay..........The bear will be a smaller version of this guy, using the same fur, in fact.  I think, tho, that I will dye it a slightly darker brown just in case he doesn't find a home and he stays with me instead!  But my husband is starting to feel a bit over-run by teddy bears and I am forced to either start selling or retire my hobby!  Just kidding, he is very supportive.  But one can only find so many spaces for teddy bears in a home...... especially since I like to make the larger bears.......  Thanks again for taking the time to comment, guys!!!!

PS....  Aleta, since you noticed the background of my photos, I am very thankful that the chair seat blocked the big plop of bird poop on my front step!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh Connie, you've done it again! He just melts my heart.....  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He is absolutely gorgeous Connie-I love everything about him and he is just perfect bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Connie..... you have developed a definite style, with these beautiful faces you create .... and they are so

recognisable as your work. I hope you decide to to take the plunge and offer your bears for sale soon....I

think you will inundated with collectors wanting to adopt them.......and other artists of course.......

Bosley is just adorable!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

bear_wub Love him Connie!!! I wouldn't change a thing, and love the way you have done the arms!

hugs,
Krista

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Connie, I am so in love with your bears,  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub they will be so popular when you start selling. I am very inspired to try a traditional bear as well, I know I cannot come close to the absolute perfect face that you create but with my hubbie out of work I know I could never afford to buy a bear. Your a real special talent and your bears speak to my heart.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Everything about Bosley is perfect. He has a beautiful face and I love the rest of him, too. I love your style and I'm surprised to learn you don't (already) sell your bears. bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I don't know where to start......  LOVE him!!!!

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

He is beautiful - he has such traditional proprtions, which is great!! bear_wub
I love the curve of his arms, and his lovely big feet.
He is simply wonderful, and I would certainly love to have one of your bears in my collection one day!!!  They are stunning!!

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

one word to sum it up -  bear_wub LOVE bear_wub

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks so much, everyone, for your support!!!!  This really gives me the encouragement to try to put a few of my bears out there for adoption!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Connie, your bears are so solid looking with, as Aleta said, the prettiest, roundest heads.  They have the most wonderful expressions!  And there's certainly a very traditional quality about them, with a contemporary feel at the same time.  Really, just a magical combination.  I adore your work.  Stop putzing about and sell some already!  I'll be among the first in line, if you'll have me...

bear_flower

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks, Shelli!  I'm sure one of my bears would feel right at home with your potbellies!!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Connie, I love him.  bear_wub  He looks so cuddly and such a wondeful character.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

HES SO VERY HANDSOME X

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you, Kim and Jane!!!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It's good to hear you're taking the plunge Connie, your bears are so appealing and this guy is magnificent.

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Oh
What a lovely bear I love his nose.
Hugs Kerren

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thank you, Paula and Kerren.  I have a panda in the works right now that I hope to offer in the "for sale" section by the end of the week.

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow! He is really lovely! I think he is the perfect size! Isn't that funny that you can think something looks wrong but if you leave it for awhile and look again it looks great. Sometimes I think we just get too close to the "project" and have to step back and take another look.
Great job!
Aeri

Board footer