Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

So, this HAS to be an April Fools Joke!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   Good on Google LOL
http://www.google.com/tisp/

Danni

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Brilliant!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I loved it!!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, my parents live in Mountain View, California, which I guess is where Google is headquartered, and the entire city gets free WiFi.  Seriously.

This may not be a joke.  In fact, I heard not long ago that Google planned to provide free, city-wide WiFi to San Francisco.  Here's just one article I found very quickly on that subject.  http://gigaom.com/2005/09/30/google-con … ifi-plans/

I know Google is positioning itself to take over the world which, in internet terms, means a challenge to Microsoft.  Can you think of a better way to grab people's attention than to offer free high speed internet?

Anybody know anything more about this?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh... oops... :)... I actually clicked the links and READ this whole thing instead of just skimming the headlines and registering "Google" and "Free Internet" which isn't that surprising. 

Upon closer review... Yeah, it does seem to be a joke, eh?

Cracking up here...  :crackup:... while blushing...  :redface:

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

I like installation instructions ( http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html) especially this bit

"Professional Installation Service
You can also choose to request our professional installation service, which dispatches an army of factory-trained, sub-contracted nanobots from the TiSP Access Node. The nanobots travel with exhilarating nano-speed through the sewer system and into your home to perform the installation service, which should be complete within 15 minutes. Note: For your own physical safety and emotional well-being and in consideration of the nanobots' working conditions, please make absolutely certain that your toilet is unoccupied at the scheduled appointment time.

In-Commode Package Delivery
With professional installation service, you can also have your Google Checkout purchases delivered directly through the sewage network into your bathroom. Each package comes pre-sealed in a watertight and nanobot-resistant bag made of biodegradable corn-based plastic. For a limited time, TiSP subscribers who sign up for a Checkout account will receive free bathroom delivery on their first ten Checkout purchases.
"

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

:crackup:

Not sure what's funnier; the "dark porcelain" technology or Shelli taking it seriously...

I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes. Loved the diagrams about "GFlushing" the wire. And if you check the forum, there's even commentary from "users." Very clever!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

MKinsey/TBF wrote:

Not sure what's funnier; the "dark porcelain" technology or Shelli taking it seriously...

Hey, Editor Person!  I barely have time to skim posts here this month (just have tooooooooo much going on), so I was just trying to P A R T I C I P A T E and C O N N E C T with my fellow TTer's with my initial comments, having barely skimmed the article!  I read "Google," "free internet," and "must be a hoax" and knew my parents get free Google WiFi.  So I thought, hey, let me clear this up and help my friends get free internet service!

Clearly, my job possibilities at TB&F as a "news summarizer" or "current events" guide are now totally kaput, eh?  But if there's an opening for, "overwhelmed, gullible do-gooder" I might fit right in!

Totally laughing here, at myself of course ...  bear_tongue  bear_grin  :crackup:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

OMG that is just too funny. Since my main job in life is a Network Engineer I am involved in the actual installation of equipment on the core of the internet so I found this extremely funny. It absolutely amazes me the imagination that some people have. I wonder how many people would actually take this seriously?

Hugs,

Board footer