Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When I moved files from my old computer to my new one I lost my Mailing List and had to reconstruct it from the individual names in my Address Book.   Basically I took every name I didn't recognize as a personal friend or family member or business associate and stuck it on my mailing list, assuming that's where it belonged.  I've included notes in my mailing list updates to let people know I did this and to apologize if I sent them mail they didn't want.

I recently sent out updates to my mailing list and it suddenly became clear to me that I might have inadvertently stuck a bunch of Teddy Talkers on my Mailing List!  That's because I don't know many of you by first and last name, or eMail address, but rather only by your TT identity.

I just want to let any TTers know that if you're on my list and you didn't sign up for it, that's because you accidentally got stuck there -- most likely because you were on one of the Christmas Card swap lists that I maintained on behalf of Teddy Talk in '06 and '05, or because we've exchanged mail and you're on my "Approved Senders" list.

Anyhoos... Please don't hesitate to write me or to return my updates with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.  My feelings won't be hurt!  It was my error in the first place but I can't undo it easily because I STILL don't know many of you by first and last name, or eMail address... so I can't tell who you are in my Address Book to remove you.  A conundrum, that.

Thanks for your patience & understanding, and please accept my apologies.  Whoops!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh I hate that when good plans go bad !!! Computers !!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I hear you, Jodi!  I have a love/hate relationship with computers.  And something of an addiction to them as well.

When I transferred files I kept all the individual names but the "groups" were lost in translation, which is where my problem began.  It was a bigtime NO FUN to reconstruct that list, let me tell you, especially because I hate the idea of sending people mail who frankly couldn't give a crap about my work.  How embarassing. 

Anyway, hopefully people will be understanding since I explained myself and hey, I'm human; we all make mistakes.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I can't believe that there would be any one who would get upset !! So I  wouldn't really worry about it. I am sure every one will understand , and I bet you get a few more sales because of it . So it may be a good thing.

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   It didn"t worry me Sheeli I thought something like that may have happened......You poor thing, what a nightmare... bear_wacko

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sarah Jane, your reply to my note of some days ago was actually the one that alerted me to what I had probably done!  Once I saw how you had SIGNED your eMail to me I thought, "Oh, crud.  I stuck the entire TT Christmas Card swap list, or close to it, on my Mailing List."  I never would have recognized you from your eMail address!

Nothing like SPAMMING the entire forum community where I've spoken previously about how I don't spam!   bear_noexpression

I appreciate your good humor about it all!  Thank you!

sarahjane Brisbane

Awww Shelli, I wouldn't recognise anyone from their email address or their last name either, I don't envy you having to try and get it all sorted out. This type of computer problem is a kind of torture to me!!!

Good luck with getting it sorted...  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh I thought I had a nice suprise!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

dogdayafternoon South

Hi Shelli,
  Okay!  Now I understand why I got your e-mail!  I was so excited to see your name in my, "You've got mail", as I thought you had a new creation for sale and I was going to scoop it up!  Ha! Ha!  How sad bear_sad  ~ I was just one of the TT'ers you sent it to!  Oh! well~maybe next time!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

dogdayafternoon wrote:

Oh! well~maybe next time!!!!

I sure hope so! bear_original

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

...I seem to hazily remember something like this...me personally, I would be thrilled to be re-added to your list!  Do you have new stuff for us to drool over?  I've been eying your doodlebuggies, they're sooooo cute!

Amelia

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Board footer