Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Does anyone know where to purchase the "no hair" mohair or extremely sparse mohair?  Thanks!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Kim Endlich uses this kind of mohair, I think I remember her talking about it with one of her panda's.   

Kim you out there?? bear_smile

:hug:
~Chrissi

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Connie,

I did manage to find some really sparse stubbly mohair from when I asked about this a while ago, it was from a supplier over here at a show, but if I remember rightly Sonya said she got some for her scrummy bear, here's the link....  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=10939

I'm actually going to use the BACK of some mohair for an upcoming idea, I'll let you know how I do!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I picked some up from Gerrys about 2 years ago. It wasnt what I was looking for though. I have seen one made up and it was brilliant. Each fibre was like a little knot. 
Has anyone seen no-hair mohair like that??
Wendy

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hey Connie
Probar, one of the German suppliers has it.  I got a small amount a few years ago and love the stuff.  The bear below is a little 2.5"  one so the no hair looks a bit longer.

Here's a link to Probar's page
http://www.probear.com/com/shop/pi37866 … tegoryId=1

Robbie.jpg

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks, everyone, for the great information!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
ConnieB wrote:

Does anyone know where to purchase the "no hair" mohair or extremely sparse mohair?  Thanks!

Hi Connie,  Edingburgh sells the No Mohair    (K03 5140) comes in two colours, light honey and one other colour.  I've been eyeing it as well as I think it would make a great naked bear heehee. 

big hugs

Shane

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Yup...Im here...just saw your post. Sorry I havent been on much the last few days.

Yes, Edinburgh does sell it. It is K03...I like the honey colored one best because it is easier to dye then the darker one. I wish they would get white in again *sigh*

Good luck with your tattered ted

Bear Hugs,

Kim

WA

SAMPLEgumnut.jpg

this is the wee critter I have been working on for about six weeks. I'm still not happy with the way she is going. But as you can see she is made from a handdyed 'no hair mohair'.  I think she is about 4 inches .She is a 'gumnut pocket puddle' just incase this funny wee critter has you confused. bear_grin
Wendy

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Oh Wendy, I love your gumnet pocket puddle!!!  I love the color, the great hat, and the "long hair?" on her head, too!!  Is that feathers?  bear_flower

WA

Yep Ellen, embroidery thread beads feathers and airdryclay. All put together to make a gumnut blossom. bear_thumb

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

wow wnedy - fineley beaded locks !
ooh you know, that kind of fabric reads a bit like feathers growing -
it looks bristly, is that how it feels?
you do amazing things wendy
cat xxxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I bought some brown stubble mohair in a big lot on Ebay, and it's pretty interesting! i think i may sell it on though: looks like it'sbest for little 'uns, and I'm no good at them XD

WA

Gantaeno, it can also be used as insets like tummies, paw pads, muzzles, aged bears etc..........
It has alot of uses :dance:
Wendy

Board footer