Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Today my husband, Dave, and I drove up to Tahoe for lunch and I found these bears hanging around at this quaint lodge.  Don't they look real ??

Bears_2_Medium.JPG Bears_4_Medium.JPG Bears_5_Medium.JPG Bear_1_Medium.JPG

and here's a picture of the lake
Tahoe_panorama_Medium.jpg

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Great photo's Patty.  Someone sent me a link a few months ago to the artist who makes those bears.  He does them out of wood and some he does out of Stone,  he had one set that was sitting at a picnic table playing chess and they were huge and I believe they were almost $40,000.00 or something like that.  Not that they weren't worth it that's for sure a lot of work goes into them.  He also had done a mantle piece that was gorgeous, it was like a big log and it had holes in it, and there were animals in each hole peeking out or hanging out of them.  Hmmmm now it's gonna drive me nuts, I'll hunt for the web page and post it if I can find it.

Ok I managed to find it,  this stuff is amazing 

www.jonathanbearman.com   Click on the link for furnishings and go to page three there are pictures of the this house Patty.

big hugs

(wish I had all those wonderful bears hanging around my house)

Shane

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Wow, $40,000 per bear ! ! !   I can believe that.  The homes in this area range from $2,000,000 up to over $10,000,000.  They can probably afford them.  I'd love to see the website of the artist.  Hope you find it.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awww, so cute.  Love the work on that site.  Thanks for the beary nice eye candy, Patty & Shane.  bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow that's so cool! 

I love the link Shane..I think the mantels are my favorite..the little bears poking through the holes in the trunk...how cute!

:hug:
~Chrissi

mumka Posts: 80
Website

oops, whe I saw the first photo I thought that they are real! XD
they are really amazing, teddy bears made of wood ; )

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

I posted a link to the bear and the man who makes them on this forum. Last year I think...or around christmas time.

Board footer