Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Again, thankyou for all the lovely comments, emails and messages - I'll reply just as soon as I can!

I thought that since Ilze "let the cat out of the bag" RE: My weight loss, I would do the same for her!  She's lost a lot of weight also - and has actually lost the same percentage of body weight as I have so far!

So, I just wanted to publically congratulate Ilze - you've done a great job and you're looking fantastic (I swear people, she's one of these people who you wouldn't imagine would struggle with weight!!!)

Danni

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

So, I just wanted to publically congratulate Ilze - you've done a great job and you're looking fantastic

Thanks Danni!

Gosh I'm very nervous showing my photos bear_ermm .....well here goes.....the before and after

ilze_1999.jpg ILZE__010.jpg_72__smallerdpi.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Ilze you look amazing!  Well done!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Wow, Ilze that is wonderfull, you just look so much younger.
Inspirational!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Congratulations Ilze you look amazing :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Man you guys!  You're the best recipe for inspiration I've ever seen!  It's not just that you and Danni lost weight, Ilze... it's that you went from pretty, talented souls to total FOXES!  Maybe there's hope for the thyroid challenged, middle aged among us (I'm talking about ME), yet...

Congratulations!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

"Piping Hot" is right...you look fantastic... :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Congratulations!!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Congratulations Ilze! You look great.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Congratulations to both of you, Danni and Ilze.  Well done ! ! !  You both look GREAT.  I'm working on it too.  So far I've lost 23 pounds.  My goal is 17 more.

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Good for the two of you.....I hope you know it makes you look about 20 years younger!!    and I bet you feel so much more perky and energetic too .........

Big Congrats..... been there done that....know the ropes......

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You're soo awesome! Congrats!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Well done, you look beautiful!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Congratulations, Ilze!  You do look GREAT!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

WOWZA !  Ilze a huge congratulations to you for making such an important and huge change in you life.  You really do look 20 years younger and just gorgeous !.  Thanks to you too for the hopefully inspiring me to follow your example.  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Congratulations, Ilze! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Thank you all so much for you messages and emails!  You guys are the greatest! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli wrote: Maybe there's hope for the thyroid challenged, middle aged among us (I'm talking about ME), yet...

Mind you, I’m middle aged and pituitary gland challenged <giggle>.  My doctors told me that I will NEVER be able to lose the weight as my weight problem is due to a combination of a hormonal disorder and high carbohydrate intolerance, but I HAD to loose the weight, because when I was 26 my orthopod told me that I needed a total knee replacement for both knees.  There’s not even enough cartilage left to harvest some, grow in a Petri dish and inject it back into my knee.  Artificial knees only last up to 15 years and each time they have to replace it, the knee becomes more unstable as it does not join to the bone as well as the first time, so they only reserve it for people 55 and over. So I had no option but to try and loose the weight in order to preserve my knees.  Exercise was not in the cards either, because like Danni I am also a Chronic Fatigue sufferer and I could barely walk from one lamp post to the next (and I’m not exaggerating).

Inspirational speaker Tony Robbins once had a conference where a guy told him that he did EVERYTHING possible, but his business was still not succeeding, so Tony asked him “name the last 100 things you’ve tried” – the man couldn’t even name 10 things.  Well, I set out to find answers and a way to loose the weight and I was not going to give up!!….. I can now name at least about 50 things I tried and in the end I DID find a solution.   I’m now on a healthy diet that works.  Yep, it is the most boring diet ever because everything I eat is just about green - I can’t even eat fruit or vegies high in sugar;  I very rarely eat GF bread or baked goods, but the main thing is I have lost the weight!  No more high blood pressure, my knees feel better, chronic fatigue is a lot better – it still strikes from time to time, but most days I have enough energy to walk 8 kilometres and I also work out a couple of times a week.   :dance:

Patty wrote: So far I've lost 23 pounds.  My goal is 17 more.

Congratulations Patty!  That's wonderful!  Please keep us up to date with your progress.  Would love to see your before and after pics once you've reached your goal weight!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

That's brilliant Ilze, you look beautiful.  Well done

Pauline

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations Ilze, you look fantastic. Both you and Danni are wonderful inspirations for us all. I have my own little inspiration living here with me. My daughter Sarah lost over 100 pounds and now looks amazing. Here's Sarah...I hadn't better put her before picture on here she'd be upset with me.

SarahTT.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

annalong MadebyAnna

WOW You look amazing. And how beautiful your eyes look.. green as the veggies you are eating bear_grin
Congratulations!
Anna

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I am so proud of all of you . I am on a life change also . I have lost 12 but need to loose about 20 more at least. I have been up and down I don't know how many times through my life , so my best advice .... don't gain it back !!!! Looking forward to the time some one can tell I have lost weight !!!

Board footer