Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

I finished my latest bear...and boy does it reflect my mood today! Bad day...cause I've been missing my baby squirrels (you can find that story posted in general topics as well).

This little fellow is named Jinx...and he feels like a Jinx, having a thoroughly all-around bad day. You can see he is holding up a sign which reflects his mood. I think it's cute...but then again I have a demented sense of humor at times. To me the D-word is pretty tame...but I don't know how others feel about it.

I wanted to go straight to the artists about this one before listing him on ebay. Do you think this would offend collectors on ebay? I certainly don't want to upset anyone.

Am I the only one who finds the humor and charm in this bear and his sign? I need a majority vote. Should I list this bear in auction...or should I keep this bear to myself?

-Eliza

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Eliza, I LOVE him. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Don't know about anyone else, but I think this is just hilarious. I know I have those days and I'm sure everyone else does, too. I can't see how it could offend anyone...although I could certainly understand if you decide to keep him yourself. He's just too darn cute to let go.

sarahjane Brisbane

I love him too ...and certainly don't find anything about him offensive!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I think he is as cute as can be, I love him.  I do not find him offensive at all.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Me too! LOVE him!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha!  I think he's funny.  There will probably be certain people who won't want to buy him because of his bad word, although it's probably a very small percentage, and I certainly don't think he's "offensive", or "too offensive for eBay," whatever that means.  I love eBay and owe much of my success to that sales venue but I've seen things sold there like toast with images of the Madonna on it.  So if that's okay, this has gotta be!  Besides, there's nothing better than a little humor to spice life up!

He's also, by the way, really, really cute, and full of charm!

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

he is GREAT! and not offensive at all. but then, i tend to swear more than most people i think... bear_whistle

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I think he is adorable and I think many collectors will value the humor in him. I wouldn't hesitate to list him
Hugsa
Sonya

Louisville, Kentucky

Alright!

So glad y'all seem to share my same demented sense of humor!  bear_tongue
So far everyone thinks I should list him...so I guess I'm off to list him!

Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions.

-Eliza

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Eliza,
    Your bear made me laugh out loud!  I wonder when you will be taking wildlife rehab. classes in your area?
Even with a busy schedule...baby squirrels grow fast...you can even leave a bottle on their cage and they will drink by themselves!   Always remember to close the toilet lid....as they can get in..but, can't get out! bear_flower

JeannieB bear_original

Louisville, Kentucky

Jeannie

So glad he made you laugh!

I would love to take wildlife rehab. classes! Maybe at some point I can get involved in something like that! I've always had close relationships with animals my whole life...some domestic...some wild. Animals are so special to me. And the zoo is my favorite place to go.

Sounds like you've had you're own dealings with baby squirrels! How funny!  :crackup:

-Eliza

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I have a horrible mouth...list him, he's adorable!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Go for it, I find him very cute.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe I just love him. You know even bears get in a mood. I think he is wonderful and many will love him to bits! I hope things brighten up soon in your world.

Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Absolutely . . . that little guy is a charmer!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He's cute and it makes me laugh.

I've seen much worse on ebay.........so go ahead I say

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A great little bear - list him and I am sure that he will be swooped up.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great work, I don't see any issues with the sign .  :clap:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Awww.... you know, anymore, you are bound to offend someone no matter what you do!  You know what I mean?  I'm sure that there is someone out there who might think that it's awful that a bear would "swear" like that.  bear_wacko

Really though, In my oppinion, he's adorable and funny... and I love a bear with a sense of humor about life in general!  We could all use that from time to time!   bear_thumb  bear_wub

Kim Basta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I think everyone can relate to this little guy for at least one day out of their lives  bear_ermm  I'll be amazed if he doesn't get snapped up  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

He's tame for eBay! And I think many can identify with his choice of words (well, one word!). And as Kim said, you are always going to offend SOMEONE but don't let that stop you. I also agree that someone will scoop him right up! Damn is a very tame word in today's society! Besides, you are listing him as an adult collectible, right... it's not like you made him with the intent of a child playing with him!

Go for it! bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Eliza, if a dead squirrel in a wedding dress on ebay didnt shock or offend collectors then I can assure you that a sign saying a very tame 'Damn' isnt going to raise an eyelid.
You should do very well with this upset ted.
wendy :thumbsup:

OOOpppsss!! I think my reply might be a tad inappropriate. I didnt know you were raising squirrels Eliza or the story behind it.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww who cares, someone is always offended about something.  Meanwhile your little guy might be the tonic for a bad day that someone is looking for.  If he makes one person smile you have done good work for the day.

Go for it!  He's funny and fun and adorable.....

gollyhugs

dilu

Louisville, Kentucky

Matilda!  :crackup:  Hahaha! You made me laugh! That's so funny you had to go back and edit your post to me!
Yeah, I don't really want to think about dead squirrels right now...as I am hoping my baby squirrels have survived at the wildlife rehab. center. You can read about my squirrel babies on page 2 of the General topics.

I do remember that dead squirrel in a wedding dress on ebay! My first reaction to it was laughter cause I thought it was someone's soft sculpture...then on closer examination realizing it was a dead squirrel kinda creeped me out.

-Eliza

P.S. Thanks everyone for giving me honest opinions about Jinx! He still doesn't have a bid...so if any here want to adopt him please do!  bear_flower

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Oh my gosh! What a wonderful concept!!!! I wish I had thought of it! I don't think he is inappropriate at all and I think you will be very successful with his sale, everyone can relate to Jinx.

Love him! bear_wub
Aeri

Board footer