Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kate Kates Mates
Malua Bay

Hi all,
Bear-making has slowed down somewhat over the past few months but certainly not forgotten.  Would like to finish off some clothes for a St. Patrick's Day bear (well, I did say things had slowed down!) and need to knit a pair of socks to match his aran jumper.  The socks don't have to be an aran pattern, I'll just put in a cable up the outside.  Has anyone seen - or know of - a pattern for bear socks? 
I wonder if I could adapt a bootee pattern (there's a blast from the past) - has anyone done that?
Bear hugs
Kate

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hi Kate- You didn't say how big your bear is but lots of the old knitting books have children's sock patterns in them.Also Sirdar has knitted doll pattern books and they have sock patterns in them and I use larger needles and slightly thicker wool eg.knitting worsted instead of double knitting.If you want to pm me I could write the pattern out as an email to you.I could mail you a copy but it would likely take ages to get to you.Let me know if I can help.Sincerely Jane D.

kate Kates Mates
Malua Bay

Thank you Jane!
Our little bear group has lots of bear books in its library but nothing with socks.  I've raided our op-shops and book exchange but nothing with socks or bootees. 
Paddy is about 36cm (14") - but I can adjust the pattern, needles, etc.  It's the turning of the toe and heel bits that I just can't seem to remember.  I'll put a little message in your pm and would be ever so grateful - but please, at your convenience - absolutely no rush. And if you run out of time, don't worry.  It's taken me the best part of 3 months to get Paddy up to this stage.
Bear hugs
Kate

Board footer