Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi all,

My daughter is a first chair cello player in her High School Orchestra called "Satin Strings"
On Oct. 18th they are having a concert/fall festival called "Spooktacular." There is going to be a very large silent auction there to support the orchestra. Anyhow, Their school mascot is a panther. I am thinking about making one for the silent auction. My question is "Should I make a panther that is realistic like on all fours, or teddy bear like, but you know still looking like a panther/cat?
Heres a pic of Cassie.
cassie4.jpg

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I would go for the realistic look...older kids would love that..Winney

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I think realistic too Roxanne...but on the flip side, teddy bear is cute too.  As an adult....well, I would like

both!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nanc.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Roxanne . . . Cassie is a beauty!!  I think a more realistic looking cat would be the thing, too.  What does their actual mascot look like?  Probably the more real type?

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I agree with nancy make two types. Some body likes cats somebody - bears.
But it sounds great either way!
Beautiful daughter!
butter.gif

Julia.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Golly Rox it's hard to care about realistic vs cuddlycute when you post a picture of your daughter and she is that beautiful!  My goodness!

Actually I can see going both ways- realistic would probably appeal to your male factor and cuddlycute to the girls.  But who is going to be PAYING in this silent auction?  Make what will appeal to the deepest pockets there.

Dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Roxanne,  Your daughter is beautiful, just like you.  You make such realistic animals, e ither way whatever you decide will be a hit. bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Cassie is beautiful - I think realisitic would be good if it can be done (you are so clever I am sure it can be!)

Good luck and have fun!

Danni

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Oh my Gosh! You all are so sweet. Cassie says thank you! :D
Well, it sounds like the realistic is the way to go.
Yes Sue Ann, the mascot is a realistic panther. Her school, Permian High School Panthers, is the one that they made the football movie "Friday Night Lights" about.
Miss Dilu, the buyers at this will probably be parents. It's a big "tado" held at a major hotel that we sell tickets for $10.00 a seat. I know that last year I made a red velvet cake that went for $15.00!
If I have enough time, I might make one of each!
Thanks again for all of ya'lls input. I totally appreciate the help bear_happy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Just remember sweet Roxanne, we gotta see pictures before you sell! :lol:

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yeah, I know about Permian!  Quite a football reputation you have there!

Board footer