Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kilde Posts: 186

A_proud_new_owner.JPG
I_just_love_my_new_bear.JPG

Our first artist/collector bear arrived on Saturday....and I took pics of my daughter when she opened the parcel sent all the way from Australia  bear_tongue The pictures say it all ...  bear_wub My daughter started crying and said it was the best gift ever - no doubt this bear will have a very loving home in the future  bear_grin

Thank you, Lyn (Brimbin Forest Bears) for making such a beautiful bear, she is absolutely gorgeous and we just love our little Sunglow  bear_wub

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What great pictures!!  This truly is happiness!!  Yay!!  And with a big smile plastered to my face....I'm off to plant more flowers.  Thank you for the smile!!  bear_flower  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What great photos!  The pics and the bear will be treasures for a long time!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

What beautiful photos! Such an amazing child! Even more poignant when you see the computer in the photo  bear_rolleyes  Yes, touch is an important part of being human. I would get these photos framed.
Karen

Lynn Wisconsin

The picture of your daughter and her new bear are adorable.  I love her expression.

Lynn

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

That picture is amazing, I agree I would get it framed, her face says it all!!!!
It sure made me smile, what a beautiful child at a beautiful moment!

Thanks, all of you  :hug:

Saturday was a big day for Catharina and the bear, Sunglow, has been with her since then. Today Sunglow said hi to Catharina's school class  bear_grin

Karen, the computer is in the photo becase Catharina was looking at Sunglow on Brimbin's website just 2 minutes earlier. She didn't know then that I had bought the bear for her (and myself) and she was a bit sad that it was sold because she wanted to spend her pocket money buying it - so I didn't have the heart to wait until our Summer holiday to give it to her (which was the original plan....  bear_cool )

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm sure you made your little girl very happy!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a beautiful photo of happiness - your daughter and her new bear bear_wub

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_flower Yes, you need to frame those  bear_wub   I've a feeling this is the beginning of a long, beautiful friendship  bear_wub

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

That was such a great story, this is honestly what teddy bears are all about.  What a cool surprise for her, what a great mom!!!
Isn't that the coolest thing, that maybe we can bring that kind of joy to others when we make our bears.  Whats your daughters name? She looks so content.  It reminds me of a quote from Winnie the pooh:
“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
I believe this bear will stay in her heart forever.
:hug:
Jodi

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug: What a wonderful mum you are!!! :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan wrote:

That was such a great story, this is honestly what teddy bears are all about.  What a cool surprise for her, what a great mom!!!
Isn't that the coolest thing, that maybe we can bring that kind of joy to others when we make our bears.  Whats your daughters name? She looks so content.  It reminds me of a quote from Winnie the pooh:
“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
I believe this bear will stay in her heart forever.
:hug:
Jodi

bear_cry  bear_cry Thank you, all of you for your kind words  :hug:

Jodi, her name is Catharina. She is 9 years old and she always loved bears. She never played with dolls but always with bears only - I did too when I was a little girl so I guess its genetic!  bear_grin

Both Catharina and I love Winnie the Pooh. I love the sweetness, innoncence and wisdom of that little bear. Thanks for the quote  :hug:

BTW, Catharina is about to start sewing her own first bear! I bought a very easy pattern especially made for children from the age of 8 - I can recommend that if any of you have smaller children who want to sew their own teddy bear. Her no. 2 bear will be a Japanese Anime Bear from Jennylovesbenny. She saw one on Jenny's website and loved it and wanted to give it a try. She is very creative so I'm sure she will become a great bear maker and maybe later on a great bear artist (no wonder I'm a proud Mom, huh?  bear_wub  bear_original )

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

what great pictures!   :photo:   bear_original

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

ooo what a perfect picture Tina, this is the reason it is such a joy to share our bears with others  bear_wub   My name is Catherine, but my Mum often called me Catherina  bear_original   I'm not surprised you couldn't wait to give her the bear especially when she thought she was sold!  I hope she has lots of fun making her own bear, would love to hear how she gets on  bear_flower

Beary Hugs to you both,
Catherine

Board footer