Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Kilde Posts: 186

grisby_bigfoot.jpgThis is Grisby/Bigfoot or whatever his name is - not sure yet  bear_whistle

I'm still a newbie to bearmaking (I think he is my 7th or 8th bear) and I tried out new techniques on this one (needle sculpting, raisin-looking pulled toes  :crackup:) ...he was fun making and he is the largest bear I have made sofar (41 cm). As usual, I made him for my daughter  bear_flower

The pattern is from Nioka Bears.

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Great bear love the nose.
Denise

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

He's a great looking bear. Good work.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

He looks lovely, I bought a Nioka pattern just for the toes but I have not had the courage yet!!??
Yours look fantastic :dance:

Thanks  bear_original

Sue, did you buy the pulled toe info document from Nioka Bears? I did and I can recommend it when you want to try out pulled toes. Its so easy to follow the directions and Christine from Nioka Bears added lots of pictorial info too. I re-stitched Grisby's footpaws twice but as I usually say: Practice makes perfect  (there is still a Looooong way to perfect for me though) bear_grin

Grisby still needs shading .... for me shading a bear is something that I'm afraid to do. I would hate to ruin the bear and give him 2 black eyes but I guess I just have to do it...practice practice practice  bear_grin I have been practicing on scraps of fabric though so I guess I just have to give it a try on a finished bear.

teeeej Brisbane

He is great!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: That fur looks very soft. I also have the pulled toes document. I did a workshop last week with a bear that has pulled toes. I learned a lot! Makes me want to sign up for more workshops.

I really like Nioka bears patterns. I have my eye on a few in particular, and one day soon I am walking into Gerry's in brisbane and will buy them. Hehehe

teeeej wrote:

I really like Nioka bears patterns. I have my eye on a few in particular, and one day soon I am walking into Gerry's in brisbane and will buy them. Hehehe

You do know that you can download Nioka-patterns from her website as PDF-documents?

I know she is working on a few new patterns....so keep an eye on her website over the next couple of days  bear_happy The patterns are great, especially when you are new to bear making.

....I just wish I had a Gerry's here.....  bear_tongue But if I did, it would probably only take a week before I was broke!  bear_grin

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Tina, I bought a bear pattern with pulled toes included from ebay(about 4 months ago), I keep reading it again and again and have not quite got it yet in my head. I am a bit naughty I try to visualise how it will work instead of just trying it
:doh:

Hi Sue,

I spent looots of time looking at the instructions too trying to imagine how to do it - but it is so much easier if you just get on with it and follow the instructions as you go.

Good luck with your "raisins"  bear_tongue  bear_laugh

Board footer