Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thanks again to everyone who attended IDEX -- we had a blast, and you made our first official show great! You've seen the highlights from Shelli, Terrie, and Judi, but here are a few more pix.

Terri Kalaputus & Grace Muninger:
ttevent1.JPG

Donna Mettling, Scott Mackenzie, & Diana Ussery:
ttevent3.JPG

Group chat (from lower left) Debi McCarthy Becket, Jan Nethercutt, Terrie K, Mary & Norma Encarnacion, Judi Paul:
ttevent4.JPG

Bear maker and collector Ellen Veldhoen with her antique might-be-a-Steiff:
ttevent-ellen.JPG

Tammy Martin with one of the "celebrity guests":
ttevent-tammy.JPG

Aleta with her two TOBYs:
aleta.JPG

Chris Herrington, and then the Herrington luncheon group:
chris_herrington.JPG herringtonlunch.JPG

Judi & Mark Paul led the dancing after the TOBYs. They were amazing; the rest of us had several left feet, but had lots of fun!
dancing1.JPG dancing2.JPG dancing3.JPG

Lancaster PA

Debi McCarthy-Beckett teaching her crochet bear class:
debi_class.JPG

Author and collector John Lamb signed books:
johnlamb.JPG

I hosted an artist panel with Irene Heckel-Volpe, Judi Paul, and Jane Woodard:
panel.JPG

Have you ever seen hair this big?? Vegas at its best!
bighair1.JPG bighair2.JPG bighair3.JPG bighair4.JPG

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my . . . that hair is - um - er - simply atrocious!  But hey, what do I know about Las Vegas hair styles?  NADA!
Mindy, your photos are super . . . love the Dancing Pauls!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks, Mindy, great pictures all. Is that lady with the big hair serious...I mean she wasn't dressed as a caricature or something? bear_wacko

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Wonderful photos.  Judi, you and your husband look terrific on the dance floor.  Please someone tell this naive Aussie that the ladies hair in the photo is not for real.

Lancaster PA

She appeared to be there with her husband and granddaughter -- dressed in otherwise normal clothes. She wasn't an exhibitor, and did not seem to be attracting attention for another event. It was bizarre. I mean, I'm from California and went to school in New York: I've seen big hair. But this was beyond anything I've ever experienced. I was laughing so hard I could barely take the pictures.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Wow, I'm just drooling over everyones amazing pictures of this event... do the awards happen in the same place every year? I'll have to look them up bear_tongue

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Great photos Mindy, I don't know how I missed the big hair lady! I am glad that you got pictures of her   bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Great pictures Mindy.  As for that hair  a093.gif .  My first thought was a blond Betty Rubble on steroids  :crackup:   That lady must have amazing self confidence to pull that look off.  More power to her, she looks like a sweetie  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA!  LOVE those big hair pictures.  So glad you posted them, Mindy.  That lady was a total crackup and Mindy's so right; she appeared to just be walking around as a "regular" person with her hubby and grandchild.  But she's sooooo over the top, you really have to think she must be a cast member at some show.  Amazing!

Judi, you and your husband look gorgeous on the dance floor.  How was DJing?

Wonderful photos, Mindy!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks so much for sharing the photos Mindy - great to be able to see some of the IDEX show.

The Pauls make a divine dancing couple, don't they!

As for that hair, a few years back I had a lovely collector from the USA who bought one of my bears and her email address was
bighairC...... - I wonder if it could be the same Lady?!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh my!  What great photos Mindy!  So that's the "big hair lady" everyone was talking about that I missed. :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  She looks like a cartoon character! WOW...but hey, anything goes in Vegas!!!

Mindy, where are the photos of you doing the Samba line dance?  You were great!
Also, everyone, Mindy did a Swing Hustle Ballroom Dance with my hubby Mark.  She looked like a natural....and she said she couldn't dance! :dance:

Gosh..I'm still high from this past weekend.  The hotel was so big and we did so much walking that I actually lost a few pounds. :dance:  We are hoping to come again next year.

Right now in Vegas they are experiencing 116 degrees.   bear_wacko   We had 112 on Sunday....that was hot enough!

Thanks Mindy for posting your photos. bear_flower

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Thanks for sharing the pics Mindy - oh how I wish I could have been there!!!!! bear_ermm

That hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:  :crackup: My husband had to ask me what I was laughing at so much!!!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

I love the dancing pics!!  My hubby and I met through dancing at university.  Judi - were you both able to dance when you met, or was it something you learned to do together? (sorry- being nosy now!!!! :redface: )

It certainly looked like a fab event!!!! bear_thumb

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Awesome pictures!!

Judi, You guys look GREAT!!

The hair lady has to be part of a show's cast....hairspray is playing. (???)  Her makeup is very "theatrical" even.   Boy, I bet that's heavy .... great posture!! bear_thumb  bear_laugh
:hug:
~Chrissi

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:

Judi, you and your husband look gorgeous on the dance floor.  How was DJing?

Awe Thanks Shelli. bear_wub

The Dj-ing was actually done by Diane Dwyer ( I hope I spelled her name correctly) and another guy who ran the equipment....I think his name was Dave, who worked at The  Rio Hotel.  We provided the music.  I spent the week prior burning songs to cds from our library of dance music.  They did a great job and it all went by so very fast.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
samanthapotter wrote:

Judi - were you both able to dance when you met, or was it something you learned to do together?

Hi Samantha.  Mark and I met at a Ballroom Dance in 1995.  I had just started taking lessons but Mark was a seasoned veteran to Ballroom Dancing.  He started when he was 18 and he's now almost 40.(I'm 42 robbing the cradle)
  Do you and your husband still dance?  It's a fabulous way to stay connected to your partner not to mention the calories it burns...without even noticing!  I have a whole dance wardrobe with outfits that I only wear dancing. It's so nice to dress up and wear a floaty skirt...FUN!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
ChrissiCatherwood wrote:

!

The hair lady has to be part of a show's cast....hairspray is playing. (???)  Her makeup is very "theatrical" even.

You know Chrissy...anything is possible in Vegas.

We had such a party on our flight down from Wisconsin.  I have never seen anything like this.  There were 15 to 20 middle eastern descent young (and very good looking) men on there way to Vegas for a stag party.  They were scattered throughout the plane with the majority in the back where we were seated.
The more they drank the funnier things got.  They ended up singing all sorts of tunes including, "Vivaaaaaa Las Vegas"! :crackup:  and congregated in the isle.  Upon landing we experienced such strong turbulence, due to the heat waves from the desert, that normally I would be stressing immensely, as it was like a roller coaster ride.  But these young men were so funny they had us in tears of laughter. :crackup:  :crackup:  Even my mom was cracking up. :crackup:

Then on Sunday, we went to Caesars Palace and came upon a guy , another stag party. wearing a pink tank top, pink shorts, and a pink cowboy hat.  He was collecting signatures from girls.  Now, I had on a pink sparkly tank top, a pink skirt, pink shoes, and was carrying Wendy Brendt's PINK Poodle......you can imagine how we looked together.  My camera was lost at this point but my husband video taped it.  The guy even kissed me on the cheek.  Then I drew a poodle on his shirt.  Gosh I wish I had pictures.  The bachelor's friends took photos and said they would email some to me...we'll see.

Only in Vegas! :crackup:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I really think I need a green bear face LOL  I am a little envious as the get together, it looked like great fun!  Now the big hair  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked   AMAZING - and I thought I had a big hair - out of bed - morning - this morning LOL

I wish I could have met you all  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Ahhh well  -- one day!
Danni

ScottBear scott's bears

I told you the big hair pics were true thanks mindy for the proof !! Every DRAG QUEEN IN SAN FRANCISCO AWOKE FROM A DEAD SLEEP IN PURE JELIOUSY GOING ! HOW DOES SHE DO THAT !!...GOTTA LOVE LV...

Scott "MAC"kenzie

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

what a fabulous weekend you must have all had, thanks so much for sharing all the photos - that hair is incredible!  Great dancing too with your hubby Judi  :dance: , I do so hope we can see the pink photos one day!!  Vegas is such an out of this world place, I stayed there a few years ago in the Luxor hotel with my fiance,  if only there had been a TT event at the same time!

Hugs
Catherine
x

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Wow , I feel like I live under a rock !!! Looks like a really great time, I would have LOVED to be there !! Wish I had a husband who cared about me and the art that I love so much . It would be wonderful to share it with someone . So glad a great time was had by all, thanks for sharing Mindy.

Judy , you and your hubby look good together !!! Lucky, lucky woman.... and don't you for get it !!!

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website
Judi wrote:

Do you and your husband still dance?  It's a fabulous way to stay connected to your partner not to mention the calories it burns...without even noticing!  I have a whole dance wardrobe with outfits that I only wear dancing. It's so nice to dress up and wear a floaty skirt...FUN!

Dancing is fab isn't it!!!   bear_thumb My hubby and I have tried 'le roc' dance (which is where we met!!!), ballroom, salsa and others!!  We don't dance so much anymore, since we left university a few years ago, but we would like to dance again in the future.  I have always danced - I started ballet at the age of 3, and didn't stop until I was 18 and going off to university!!  I still go dancing once a week, but not partner-dancing.
I know so many couples who have got together through dancing!!!  So if anyone out there is looking for someone - take up dancing!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I could've given the big hair lady a run for her money this morning.  Mine was all frizzed out and big!  I didn't even need to style it!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi Mindy bear_flower  and all my lovely friends I met at the show you all know who you are :hug: . We just got back yesterday and I too want to share some  pictures, as soon as I  learn how :redface: I have them in the computor and some how they have pop up next to my bear picture. Do I click on image upload on top of these teddies Help! :doh:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:

I could've given the big hair lady a run for her money this morning.  Mine was all frizzed out and big!  I didn't even need to style it!

bear_laugh She would have been jealous as yours was natural Jare!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   At least this woman oozes the self confidence to carry the whole thing off in style.  She really does look like someone fun to hang out with.  I bet she got loads of funny looks  bear_laugh  bear_shocked

As for the Pauls dancing ~ wow Wow WOW you two!!!  You look fab!!  bear_wub  bear_flower   I'm such a clutz, there's no way I could dance like that, but you two make it look so easy, and its clear to see you were having FUN  :bday:

Board footer