Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Everyone,

I have a sad story to tell and unlike Penny ( who I hope her cat will turn up ) my dear old Hyacinth ( a grey Persian) is not coming back.
About a week ago she went missing and it is so unlike her - she is always around for her meals
and to come inside. She was about 10 years old and was great at catching mice and rats.
One time a rat had attacked her on her side and I needed to take her to the vet to have a wound
checked out.
We called her  and have waited with no luck. On our property we have a lot of native bush and trees
and we have all gone out searching for her.
Louis ( our Sealpoint Persian ) is acting all sad and lonely so I think he may know something.
Anyway I was in the City for the day and on the return our dog came to greet us and do you know
what - dogs love to roll in dead things, she smelled so dreadful and I take it she must have found
Hyacinth.
It took lots of baths, shampoo, detol and everything to rid her of the revolting smell. - uck! bad.
Animals!!! we need to love them.
So the Green household are all very sad at the loss of our dear Pussycat.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_sad

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no Carolyn, I'm  so sorry to hear this.
I hope  Hyacinth will return to home safety soon ...
Grey Persian must be beautiful cat... I am praying
for her. :)

Carolyn, is that true?
Dogs love to roll in dead things?? :rolleyes:
Animal do amazing thing and they might think
we do amazing thing too...he he

Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh gosh, Carolyn . . . I'm so sorry about Hyacinth.  I know the pain you go through when a pet is lost in one way or another.  We've had a couple of cats just disappear and never come back and I don't know if not ever having any resolution or closure is better or not.  We're pretty sure they were taken by predators, but guess we'll never know exactly what happened.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I lost my Emme this summer and it still hurts, so I really feel for you and am sorry for your little lost kitty.  It's kinda sweet, in a way, though, that your dog found her to say goodbye, and let you know she got some last rubs in at her end.  Smelly or not, that's really very sweet.

My thoughts go with you... bear_original

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Carolyn,

How very distressing, it's just dreadful losing a pet, I've lost quite a few over the last couple of years and unfortunately it never gets easier BUT!!! here's hoping it wasn't Hyacinth your dog had found, and that she comes home soon...you just never know with cats, sometimes they'll stay away when they are a little ill...

big bearhugz,
Denise.

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks very much Denise, Shelli, SueAnn and Marie, you are all so very kind.
Yes, Marie that is true with our dog Heidi - when she was a puppy and we would be walking along
the beach and she would roll in a dead seagull. I think she probably thinks herself been attractive,
like we wear perfume, I suppose she thinks she is attractive with a pongy odour. yuck.

It is sad when we lose a pet but having friends like you all - helps a lot thanks very much

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.  I like others have lost a favorite cat...first my ol' fat cat, Murphy, to feline lukemia...then my wonderful Oz who ran away when I tried to move him after my divorce and I never found him...broke my heart in both cases.

They leave little pieces of themselves in our hearts forever.

Shantell

P.S.  The dog rolling thing...it's what dogs from the "hunting" class do...they do it to mask their own scent so that their "prey" can't smell them (or so they think).  My vet (and friend) told me this when I was complaining that my beagle kept rolling in the stinkiest thing he could find every time I bathed him...which was continually or we couldn't stand him.  He still does it even living with my parents...now it's just in fertilizer in my mothers flower beds...eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about it Carolyn, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Poor you Carolyn, how distressing. I think you still may stand a chance of finding dear old Hyacinth as Denise said sometimes cats will stay away when they are a little ill. Fingers crossed for you and your lovely cat too.

JANE

Deb Upstate New York

Carolyn ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your Hyacinth.  It's amazing how much a part of the family pets become. 

Shantell ~ Thanks for sharing about the hunting class.  This explains a lot about our little dachshund!

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks so much  Shantell, Danni and Jane - you are all so kind.
Sorry to hear about your Murphy and Oz , Shantell - we do get so attached to these pets of ours.
I have a feeling that she has departed as I am sure she would come home to us.
We live in hope though.
It is school holidays over here so the children and I are going down to Tauranga tomorrow to my Parents
for a few days so I had better pack some clothes for the trip.

Jane, I have been wondering how you are? I hope that you are feeling much better and taking
life gently. We have been worried about you.

Take care and thanks again.
Hugs
Carolyn

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear about Hyacinth.

Big Hugs,
Catherine

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Carolyn, I am so sorry bear_sad

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad So sad, Carolyn, to hear about Hyacinth bear_sad

We've lost so many over the years. It never gets easier! Some nasty fish disorder just killed my 3 lovely veiltails, and I can't even bear to empty the aquarium! It's just burbling away empty.

I hope hope hope that whatever your dog rolled in was something else, and that Hyacinth will waltz in one day soon and surprise you.

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I'm so sorry to hear this Carolyn.... Sounds like Hyacinth had a wonderful life though!  And a beautiful name!  Sending some warm thoughts and bear hugs your way!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

You never know Carolyn, Hyacinth may come strolling back!

I hope she does - SOON

Penny

p.s. what a great name for a cat bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo sorry Carolyn.It's tough. I know I look at my dog, feel the strong bond we have, and just dread the day he passes.
My heart goes out to you.
Heather

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Carolyn, so sorry about your cat. I am allergic to cats and can't have any, but I still love them. I had to have a horse put down in '88 and I still think about him with joy and some sadness. bear_sad Your memories will keep her alive.

Hugs

Sabine

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Huggss,Carolyn,I pray she comes home,don't give up yet.I have only lost young cats and I always knew what happened,must be so hard to not know for sure.

hugs and blessings,shari.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

awww Carolyn,

I am so sorry....hope thigs work out.......

hugs

dilu

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts - helps a lot to know there are such great people
out there!
Shari, sorry that you have lost young cats and Sabine your horse and Eileen your fish.
It is never easy is it, when a pet leaves us.
I have had a neat holiday down with my Family in Tauranga so it has been good to
have the break away.

Yes, Hyacinth is a neat name and she was named after Mrs Bouquet from -
Keeping up Apperances - she was a fussy old grey Persian and was a prim and proper pussy cat.
Thanks again

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL funny you should mention Mrs Bouquet (Sorry, Bucket!!!!!!!!! LOL)  That's exactly what I thought of when you mentioned her name !!!

Love that show.

Sorry about your kitty Carolyn, I'm taking it she never did come back :(

Danni

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

I'm sorry to hear that Hyacinth is missing.  I have three pussy cats of my own and know how much you can come to love them.

Sandi

Board footer