Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Our stay in Stratford-Upon-Avon was too short and we had to go upper for how next stop, in Shropshire : Wellington (near Telford, Ironbridge).
We never went in Shropshire before.

Wellington is definately not an exciting place to stay in. Kind of a very poor town not beautiful.
As a result, we spent our days far from it (not too far, though) mostly in Ironbridge Gorge.

Our first visits were in Coalbrookdale : the museum of iron and the Ingenuity museum.

The museum of iron explained all about the long history of Coalbrookdale and surrounding in the iron industry. It was very interesting.

Here are photos of the iron museum (used to be part of the iron factory):

coalbrookdaleiron25juiltd2.jpg

coalbrookdaleiron25juiler6.jpg

coalbrookdaleiron25juilii4.jpg

coalbrookdaleiron25juilmg4.jpg

coalbrookdaleiron25juilca0.jpg

And now the Ingenuity museum : this museum is very attractive for children as there are lots of games for them and lots of informations easy to understand. This museum is very interesting for adults too as it relates all kinds of ingenuity.

coalbrookdaleingenuity2bv3.jpg

I looked for all teddy bears in that museum : they are all from Merrythought.

coalbrookdaleingenuity2gy9.jpg

This bear was among different items we were supposed to be able to X-ray to look what we see if so (the machine was ill and some workers were trying to fix the problem).

coalbrookdaleingenuity2je1.jpg

This second bear was there in relation with recycling (look what it stands on!).

coalbrookdaleingenuity2me7.jpg

I don't think you need explainations for these ones!

I hope you enjoyed that report.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Very interesting. I always enjoy your reports Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Thanks so much, Sophie . . . you went to some very interesting places!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: I always look forward to your reports Sophie bear_thumb
Wonderful report as always :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

Board footer