Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

LittleTigerLilly2-01.jpgHi.  Here is a little girl I just finished today for a collector of mine.  Her name is Tiger Lilly 2 and she is almost the same as my first Tiger Lilly only she has different  styled paws and of course the stripes are different.

She is 14" tall fully jointed and started out completely white mohair.  All her coloring is airbrushed.

LittleTigerLilly2-02.jpg

Kilde Posts: 186

WOW

!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: You make the most outstanding and beautiful bears and this one is absolutely gorgeous  bear_wub  bear_wub I'm always amazed when I see your bears that they have so very soulful and expressive eyes - this one too. .... 'sigh'....makes me wish I could make bears like that  bear_grin

Your collector must be over the moon - I know I would be.  bear_tongue

How long does it take to airbrush a whole bear? It must take forever with all that colouring and layers of so many different colours?

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Amazing as usual Judi  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Amazing as usual Judi  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you very much Tina and Patsy.

Tina, it took me about an hour and a half today to do all the airbrushing.  It's so much fun  I feel like a kid with a coloring book. bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lovely as usual, Miss Judi.  This one has a particularly soft and gentle look to it (for a tiger, that is.  Roar!)  You really are an amazing talent. 

Everyone else... I got a chance to see and hold Judi's lion MUSA at IDEX Vegas this year and she's right when she says that shading just blends right in so softly.  I couldn't feel anything but the fuzzy warmth of that mohair; not a bit of "paint" anywhere.  I'm sure her tigers are just the same!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Great tiger, I haven't tried anything but bears and the odd bunny. bear_thumb

Jan Nethercutt YesterYear Design
Oklahoma

She has a sweet soft expression......just lovely, Judi.  Enjoyed meeting you and seeing Musa at IDEX Vegas.  Hugs, Jan

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I love your lions and tigers Judi and this one is just superb!  bear_thumb

I used to do quite a bit of airbrushing when designing corporate image etc. but I have never considered doing it on my bears. It's one thing spraying paper but it's a bit daunting just thinking about spraying mohair, especially after doing all the sewing, stuffing etc.

I give you 10/10 for guts and gumption for sure.

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Bless your heart Shelli. bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:    Everyone- I had a chance to meet Shelli at IDEX and she is every bit as sweet and genuine as she is on this board.  Aren't we lucky to have her here?

Jan, I too enjoyed meeting you at IDEX.  It just makes me realize how nice and rewarding it really is to get out there and meet other artists like you.  BYT, I LOVE your avatar bear.  He looks sooo soft and cuddly.

Sandi,I too learned airbrushing on flat surfaces.  I went to an art school that specialized in airbrushing.  SO glad I did. I worked at GM Photographic in Detroit Michigan for a few years doing airbrushing, illustrations. and photo retouching ( but now they do that all on computers). But I have to say that it took me quite a while before I had the nerve to airbrush on soft sculpture.  It is quite different. like you said, than painting on a flat surface.   I am so glad I tried it though.  It has been very satisfying indeed.

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi Judi,

I donĀ“t know how to express my feelings  bear_wub
Your little tiger is great, a perfect work, I love him soooo much! Great job! Your collecor is surely the happiest        (wo)man  :clap:

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Judi,your little miss tiger is just awsome!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb I read once someone callled you the Queen Of Airbrushing.  You are!  Oh! Yes Indeed. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Ahhhh, your work is just outstanding. I so wish that I could afford to purchase one of these tigers, they are exquisite. bear_wub  bear_cry

Best regards

Lisa

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia
Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

What a huge talent you have Judi....I'm always in total awe of your work!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tiger Lilly is simply stunning!!!!!

Hugs Yvonne bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb AWESOME! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Wow Judi she is spectacular.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Judi,

I am glad I did not miss this one.  She is just beautiful Judi! This one has a real feminine look. Her face radiates softness and kindness. Gorgeous!!!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs kassie

Board footer