Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I know this is a really simple silly thing but I thought it was great(I'm also easily amused and confused bear_wacko ):
I was at the farmers market and was looking for beeswax. I know its old fashioned, but I find when I run my thread through it a little, it seems to strengthen the thread, help it  run smoothly through the leather and it smells good.
The lady at the organic honey stand only had a large 12"x6"x6" block and couldn't cut it. She asked me what I wanted it for and I explained. She grabbed a tealight candle and pulled the wick out and said "wouldn't this work?" Perfect premade hole to wax your thread! :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Cheryl bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

K Pawz Guest

:clap: AWESOME idea!!! Thanks for sharing Cheryl

Hugs,
Krista

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Clever!!!   bear_flower   What a great tip  bear_thumb   And I love the smell of the beeswax too  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's an awesome tip, Cheryl!  We have beeswax available at bi-weekly local farmer's market, too; in fact I bought a brick of it a while back to possibly use in encaustic painting.  I'll have to try your tip out (because, naturally, I have no time for encaustic painting, so now I just have a brick of beeswax with no purpose in life.)

:)

Thanks for sharing!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

NICE ONE!!!  :clap:

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

So simple...sometimes we make things too complicated.  Great idea, thanks.

Board footer