Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

DORI-CAT2-03.jpgOkay, here's another cat I just finished for a cat loving customer.  I don't think I would have made this had it not been requested of me.  I don't plan on doing this kind of cat in the future but I was up to the challenge of this request. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

This kitty is made from Tibetan lamb fur and is about 22" tall.  She is fully jointed and has armature in all four limbs and in her tail.  This is the first time I have tried sculpting a face and paws from an epoxie-based compound.  Her face and paws are hand painted.
DORI-CAT2-04.jpg

bear_wacko

K Pawz Guest

Gorgeous!!!! what an awesome job Judi! love her to bits  bear_wub

Hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, your kitty looks so soft and is super unique. You did a great job with the sculpting and painting.  What did you use?  I just received some Apoxie Sculpt I ordered and am itching to try it on eyes and maybe noses.

Hope your customer is pleased!

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Ohh Judi

He looks like my old long gone siamisecat-Idole. Its 22 years ago he past away. bear_cry
Well done.

:hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

WOWIE  what a spectacular kitty ! ! !  Her face is absolutely beautiful.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm always so amazed with your talent. Kitty is beautiful.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you ladies! bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Shelli, I like Apoxie sculpt because it dries so rock hard but you have to time it right when working with it.  I find that if I wait about 20 minutes before sculpting it it more pliable and less goopy/sticky.  You have about a good hour and a half to work with it before it becomes too hard.
I used oil paints on the face which took about two weeks to dry.  On the paws I used acrylic....I was experimenting, then I used a Krylon coating to seal it all in.

Here's a better photo for color:
DORICAT-05-1.JPG

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

awe Birgitte...... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Outstanding, Judi . . . that Tibetan lamb fur is beautiful!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Love the face, te expression is spot on.
The fur looks super soft.

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

WOW!!!!! Nearly I would have overlooked this wonderful cat! Judi, you have done a great job! This cat ist absolutely perfect!

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

OMG what a stunning face , you are one talented lady, I did a double take that face is so lifelike :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you ladies, ever so much.  I really struggled with this piece but it was fun to give the Apoxie sculpt a good try.  If any of you decide to use this stuff, just know that it is very heavy so you'll need to counter balance the bear or cat or what ever you make by heavily weighting with BB's , steel shot, of glass beads.

You should all try this.....you never know what you can do unless you try.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow fabulous work Judi, congrats.  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I cant say I could warm to this one at all Judi. But I would have to be blind not to see how fantastic the whole design is.  AMAZING work as usual from you. bear_thumb
Wendy

Board footer