Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shuzlebears England

xmasbritbear.jpgHere is my try......hope you like it and I will have another try!

Hugs, Shirley x

vickylougher Elegant Creations
Ithaca, Michigan
Website

This was really fun ... and I learned a few new things with PSP !!    bear_grin   Maybe I will give it another go....   bear_wacko 

Vicky

vickylougher_challenge.jpg

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shelly your first attempt is fantastic you should be very proud of yourself.  Vicky and Shirley I love them both  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

These are beautiful!!!  bear_wub Oh how I wish I could make one!!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Thank you Shelli, this was a great challenge and everyone has done an excellent job...
...especially Shelly who really tackled the challenge head on!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I so enjoyed looking at all these, they are all so different ... you really are a bunch of talented ladies.  bear_thumb

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Yes Sandi I have enjoyed looking at all of these so much and this thread gave me the inspiration to go out and buy Photoshop Elements 5 and I am really enjoying finding my way around it at the moment (armed with a couple of books I got too) but it is going to be slow going.  I have had Paintshop Pro for a long while but only cropped and changed my picture sizes with this and am surprised to learn that this has some features that could do the kind of pictures on this thread too.

Thank you Shelli.

Pauline

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Okay,  I can do everything but find snowflakes and how to attach them.  I've tried several free downloads and I can't get them to go onto the scene I'm creating.  Where do you get your snowflakes and is there a trick to using them?  I'm ready to take a baseball bat to the computer.

hugs,

Brenda

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Brenda ha ha, when you have finished with the baseball bat could you send it to me please!!  I haven't even got off the ground with it yet, spent hours but I am determined.

Pauline

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Brenda,

I'm no expert, but here's what I did.  I copied and pasted a snowflake into an empty PS document.  (I would think it would work for other programs, also.)  You can also download and save it to your desktop, then open it in your photo-editing program.  I selected the snowflake.  Then I could resize it and copy and paste it into my scene.  After it is pasted into a layer, you can move it around to where you want it.  You can have several copies resized at different sizes.

I am careful to put all elements on different layers.  Then it is easy to change or move them without affecting the rest of your picture. I add a new layer before adding each element to the scene.

:hug:

Ellen L

P.S.  Hi Ellen and Ellen  bear_original   I thought Ellen was a pretty uncommon name, but I see there are now 4 of us on TT.  bear_grin

Thanks for the tips but none of them seem to help me - I only had PS 3 and it doesn't have a cookie cutter tool.  I know about layers but all the snowflakes I have saved, transfer the whole snowflake WITH the WHITE background when I try to paste it onto my background.  I'm about to delete the whole thing as it's too frustrating to have it almost completed and not be able to do finish it the way I want.

hugs,

Brenda

Thanks Ellen - I know you can go around things with the magnetic lassoo, but the snowflakes are too small and too complicate with many lines.  I thought there had to be an easy way to do this. 
     I decided to try this for fun, but it's turned into something that's putting me in a foul mood.  I have a lot of patience - in fact I have an over focusing sort of ADD, but I can't accept not being able to figure things out and it affects everything else in my life.  I just get miserable and take it out on others.
      I've wasted way to much time on this and it has let me know that these challenges are definitely not for me.  I've deleted my piece as it's the only way I can stop myself from wasting any more time.  Take care.

hugs,

Brenda

Japhe Japhe's Bears
UK

Awesome work everyone :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  It has been lovely looking through all of your graphics It almost made me want to open psp again.

I dont know if this will help any of you you but there is a free filter for photoshop and psp called make a flake from Xero graphics.

http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/downloads.htm#plugins

I also have a snowflake font if anyone would like it. I can zip it and mail it to you.

You can also get some psp snowflake tubes from the links below.

http://www.hypergurl.com/sparklestubes.html

http://psptubes.jmc-designs.com/snowflakegallery.htm

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Ooh, lots of great ideas, Japhe!  I'm going to try those also.

Brenda, for the next time you can select the background with the Magnetic Wand which selects areas with similar color rather than having to trace around an outline.  (It's a different tool from the Magnetic Lasso.  It looks like a little magic wand.  Does PS 3 have it?)  You may have to do it in a few steps.  Keep the Shift key pushed down as you do it, and it will add more background as you go instead of deleting what you just selected.  Then click on "inverse" under Select at the top and you will have your snowflake selected by itself.  This works best on images that have a contrasting background so the magnetic wand only selects that.

:hug:

Ellen L

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

hi guys
not had too much time to fiddle and join in with this one, but i did play with that lovely palet and an air brush so i popped in to show you my new avatar as mine was very out of date now ! thanks for the lovely colours and well done everyone, i esp likeds the tips for pasting on cut out shapes ! magic lasoos and inverse and all that !

thanks
cat xxxx

Board footer