Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Everyone was so kind last month when our Murphy passed on and I knew we would know when the time was right for us to have another dog to share our life and family.  I want to share the new addition to our family...JACKSON!
He is a big guy from our local Humane Society and is a 2 yr. old Rough Collie mix (I think the "mix" is "crazy" bear_wacko )
and is just the sweetest guy. He is very thin as he went into a deep depression at the shelter and wouldn't get up to eat or anything. He seems to be over that now and is quite 'spirited' to say the least bear_happy ! We've only had him 24 hours but already he has become part of the family (although our cat, Picasso seems less than impressed!)
Cheryl bear_flower

jackson_1.JPG

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

OH Cheryl what a sweetie, such an adorable face.  I hope you have many many yrs together and he brings a lot of happiness to you and your family .

big hugs

Shane

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How wonderful that you have made one very special dog happy  - Jackson is adorable

Glad that he is fitting in as one of the family and I hope that he and Picasso can be best of friends.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Jackson is absolutely adorable, and isn't he the luckiest boy to be adopted by a loving family.  I wish I could give him the biggest cuddle.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh Jackson is a sweety, bless you for adopting him! I wish you all many years of fur baby bliss! bear_wub

Kathleen Pa

He's a cutie and I'm sure he will have a happy (maybe alittle spoiled)  life with you!  I think it's terrific that you adopted him :clap:

Kathleen

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Cheryl,
     Jackson is lovely and I'm sure you will all get more than your share of love.  Congratulations!

hugs,

Brenda

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Ahhhhh He's lovely, what soulful eyes!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Hope you have lots of fun and cuddles together!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations, Jackson looks adorable, give him a big hugs from me. Enjoy your new family member he looks like a wonderful guy. I do hope Picasso and Jackson soon become good friends.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

What a lovely boy!   bear_wub   I'm sure you'll have many years of fun together, and I bet he's thrilled to have a family again.   bear_original

Did he come with the name Jackson?  I think its very distinguished.   bear_flower

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Congrats!  He is beautiful.  So glad he is eating and over the depression.  He just needed a loving home.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Bless your heart and Jackson's, too. He knows he's home now so he can relax and be spirited again.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Cheryl,  I just love it that you adopted Jackson from the shelter.  He will be one happy pup.  What a sweet face he has.

puca bears puca bears

Cheryl - good for you, in adopting a dog - he looks a real sweetie.
I hope you have many years of love and fun together (and that goes for Picasso too - I'm sure he'll soon get to be friends with Jackson)
hugies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Cheryl: Jackson is just as handsome as can be. I'm so glad you got another dog to bring into the family. I'm sure you will have many years of joy even if kitty is not as thrilled.

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Congratulations on your new beautiful dog! He seems to like his new family!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

We have 2  "shelter dogs" that stole our hearts . The one is an older lady now and we have her for 10 years, the other is 1 1/2 years old and she is with us since September 2006. They quickly have become family members whom we wouldn't want to miss a day in our lives.

Enjoy your new companion.

Hugs,
Marion bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a handsome boy!  I'm sure he's very pleased to be with such a great family.

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Cheryl..congratulations on your beautiful new dog Jackson!  and how lucky is he to be a rescue dog! you obviously have the loving home he needs..you said hes a "mix"  thers something very english springer about the shape of his face..the "knot" on his head..and the breadth of his chest..tghat would account for the crazy! :crackup:   maybe grandma jumped the fence somewhere? wishing you years of love and joy with him!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Awe, Cheryl, you are awesome! That is wonderful news bear_original there is not a better feeling then giving an animal that second chance. He is so sweet and I'm sure after a little while you'll have some weight on him bear_original

Hugs!
Melanie

Edmonton

Thanks for all your good wishes for Jackson! He woke up this morning wheezing and coughing and very listless so I think he has Kennel Cough. Off to the vet this afternoon (if they can squeeze us in) to be sure- I hope its not more serious.
BTW, he came with the name Jackson and it seemed to suit him perfectly!

Cheryl bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwhhh, poor guy   :hug:   If its kennel cough, they'll soon get him sorted.  I really like the name Jackson!  It truly suits him  bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

AHHHHHHHHHHHH he looks like he is going to be a good friend !! 

:hug:

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

How is your Baby Cheryl?

Hugs,
Melanie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Cheryl,congratulations on the new addition to your family! He has a very sweet and kind face, I hope that he is feeling better soon!!

Edmonton
Melbear wrote:

How is your Baby Cheryl?

Hugs,
Melanie

Actually, he's not doing very well. He definitely has Kennel Cough and has a high fever. His vet said there are new virulent strains that are more resistant to antibiotics. If he's not showing improvement in the next couple of days, with the antibiotics, he will be hospitalized with stronger drugs until he recovers. Fortunately, with his adoption pkg, he gets 6 weeks of free medical insurance so that should cover most of the costs. We aren't rich by any means so that helps a lot. We are going to enroll in the insurance program at the end of the 6 weeks...boy it gets expensive quick! bear_shocked  bear_shocked
Cheryl bear_flower

Board footer