Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Friday, Saturday, Sunday after Thanksgiving, my quilt/bead shop had an Employee Christmas Boutique and invited me to be there with some of my bears. I'd given her a calendar and she loved Petey's picture.

Well, Friday was a really good day for me and the 11 other quilters and beaders who had items for sale. I took 8 bears with me and sold 5! The rest of the weekend was really slow for everyone so even though I only sold on one day, I'm still thrilled.

Allyn says it sounds better to say I sold five bears than to say I only had two customers.
The shop opens at 9:30 a.m. and by 10 am I'd sold my first bear, a little panda. Then a lady came in early afternoon and she bought FOUR bears. So even though only two people bought bears, having one person buy four at one time was really exciting for me.

This was the first time I'd ever show my bears anywhere and I'd prepared myself that I probably wouldn't sell any bears, especially in a venue where people know they're going to a quilt/bead store. So I'm still bouncing off walls today.

I especially thank Julie who selected Petey for her hug and for her calendar and to those few others who gave me the encouragememt to try.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Marlys that is so fantastic !!!  What a HUGE compliment to have someone buy 4.  That says a lot about your bears don't you think. They are beautiful afterall.   I am thrilled that you had such a positive show.  bear_thumb  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  That is MOST wonderful, Marlys . . . congratulations - very well done!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great feeling for you!  Congratulations to you, Marlys; I hope you enjoy floating on air for as long as possible.   Well done!   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

:clap: :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:

Cheryl

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Marlys

That is so wonderful, well done!  :clap:

Regards

Lisa

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Congratulations Marlys  :clap:  :dance:   :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:
Laurie :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Way to go Marlys  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
There will be no stopping you now  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

K Pawz Guest

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap: Congratulations Marlys!!! I knew you could do it!! It is such a great feeling isn't it?!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful Marlys ~ Congratulations on your great bear sales.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

You go Marlys!  Super!!!  That's the best ever to sell so many bears to one customer.  Big hugs to you!

Lisa

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thank you, thank you, thank you all very much. You're all such amazing artists and I appreciate everything I've learned her.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

That's the MOST exciting part of this 'business'!!
One never knows what will appeal to whom and when.
One of the biggest mistakes is to try to figure out who will be a buyer/collector. Two of my biggest (in terms of bears purchased), most consistent buyers, in Schaumburg and in Tampa, were ladies who 'appeared' as though they were on social security.
Very quietly examining everything on display and then lining up their choice(s) for me to tally up their ivoices. And coincidentally, both had DHs that sat in their cars, all day if need be, while their wives surrounded themselves with Furries until they'd had their fill!

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Congratulations.  It's a great feeling when somebody appreciates your work enough to buy an item.

puca bears puca bears

Congratulations, Marlys - great sales - and yes - it is even more special when someone falls so much in love with your bears that they buy LOTS!
big huggies
Maria :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thank you all so much for being excited for me. I want to start another bear immediately, but I have neglected the house for several weeks so I have to show some effort in that regard before I can hit the mohair again.

Still walking on air...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You are simply adorable!

Quilters love fabric, I know I quilt, and sewers love fabric, i know, I sew,  and teddy artists love fabirc, Its a winwinwinwin situation!  congratulations!!!  I am very happy for you!

gollyhugs
dilu

I wish I lived clopser, I would have been there too.........

gollyhugs
dili

Board footer