Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kilde Posts: 186

http://politiken.dk/poltv/?ExtID=2726

Its a Danish news site but when you click the link, it opens a video with the little polar bear cub that Maria (Puca Bears) posted info on yesterday.

He is soooooo cute!!  bear_wub  bear_wub Makes you want to pick him up and take him home!  bear_tongue

Remember to put your speakers on - he makes the cutest little baby-cub-grunting  bear_wub Almost at the end of the video, he wakes up and starts screaming - and when he did, my 4 dogs all came running totally confused about the screaming and trying to find the little one that was crying  bear_tongue  :crackup:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks for posting this site. He's absolutely adorable. I've replayed the video several times. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

That was beautiful!  I turned the sound up toooooooo loud, and it was my husband who came running!!!!!!! :crackup:

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How adorable, what happened to his mommy?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwwww . . . that is just too cute!  I love that little one!  I had one cat and one dog really interested in what was causing all the ruckus.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think that little cub has attracted the attention of all our pets! My dogs were upstairs in bed with hubby and I didn't get the volume turned down quick enough... they came running!

The little cub is just so sweet. He looked like he needed serious cuddling... until he woke up hungry and crying and wiggling!!

So cute! bear_wub  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Thanks for posting this, Kilde - the cub is just SO sweet!
Tami - bit of a long story - two polars recently gave birth at the Nurnberg zoo, and in the wake of all the hype over Berlin Zoo's famous Knut, the Nurnberg zoo announced they would operate a hands OFF policy and let the mums just get on with it.........so - two cubs vanished - they think the mother ATE them (!), and when Vera, this baby's mum, appeared earlier in the week nervously pacing round with the cub in her mouth, and repeatedly DROPPING the poor mite, they decided to intervene.  I wonder just how much the public interest had swayed their decision? Apparently Vera was quite distressed at first, but has (apparently) settled down.
It's great that the cub now has every chance of survival, but it's a bit sad - HOW can they expect a polar mum to act normally in a Zoo environment? In the wild , they make themselves a snow den and stay, UNDISTURBED, for several months with the babies.
Having said that, the zoos due a huge amount to help conserve endangered species, and every polar baby is precious - I so hope that this little girl does well!
huggies
Maria

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

oh my gosh, that is so sad, I had not heard they had to intervene.  I hope this precious little bundle survives, thanks for sharing the video.

Hugs
Catherine x

Stellajella Wien

Tina, sooo cute! bear_wub  Thanx for posting this link!

Maria, yes, isn´t it weird that the zoo didn´t want to interfer?  Knut is now one year old, and I remember, his zoo manager also did not want to interfer...at first...or maybe this is all just part of a big PR gag.
I wish the wee bear all the best for his future!

Gaby bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

What Fun!! Watching it (sound off) reminded me of watching a human baby a few months old: shivery little motions, faux suckling, stretttttttttttttttttching out  and waking up ravenous!

Board footer