Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

HI All,
In an attempt to push myself I really want to set a few goals, one of which is to enter a competition. I have seen the entries in bear magazines but haven't any idea how I enter them! I was looking at the BBA one that some of you guys have had big success with and as it is a national award thought I would start at home... but how! I cant find info on dates or anything.. ( I couldn't see them in the library either bear_sad  am I just silly?) I have an idea I'm itching to make up as an entry! Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks and keep up with the lovely bears! Drool!
xx Julie

Julie Julie Shepherd
Website

Hi Julie,

Entering competitions is certainly a very good way of setting challenges for oneself (and it's fun too!!) 

The British Bear Artist Awards take place each year - the first round of judging is done by photographs and if you are lucky enough to receive a nomination, your bear is judged in the final which takes place at The British Bear Fair in Hove.

I haven't seen any application forms yet either - but if you contact Wendy Hobday (the organizer) at wendyhobday@freenet.co.uk she should be able to help.  Or you can try wendy@wendysworldfairs.co.uk.

Update:I've just spoken to Wendy and the British Bear Fair will be held on 23rd November 2008.  Entry forms for The British Bear Artist Awards will be available in two or three weeks.  I'll keep you posted!

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Thank you Julie  :hug: . I will pop Wendy a mail. I hope to get a move on with my existing bear and then start up for the competition! Hopefully there will be enought time... Im a slow worker when I need to be doing something and a fast worker when there is no dead line!
Thanks again... great name to!
xx Julie

puca bears puca bears

Hi Julie
why don't you have a go at the Teddy Bear Scene comp too - I think they are announcing all the details in the NEXT issue - from memory (what's that????) the entries have to be in at the end of June. nominees are selected from the photos, and then published in a later issue, for the PUBLIC to vote on......and good luck!
huggies
Maria

Board footer