Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

KING-TUT-CU-RESZ-03.jpgHi.  Here's a new piece I created called KING TUT.  He is 15" tall and is entirely sewn by hand, including all his costuming.   

I wrestled with his head piece design for hours.  In fact I threw out the first two I made.  It felt like I was doing origami.  The best part was sewing all the tiny glass beads onto his collar.  Everything is original and I don't know if I will make another.....well, maybe...once I forget how frustrating this was to make. bear_whistle  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

KING-TUT-RESZ-01.jpg

KING-TUT-RESZ-04.jpg

KING-TUT-CU-RESZ-02.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Very cool! That head [iece does look like a lot of work. Is he for an order?

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow, how original!! As always Judi another stunning bear, he really does have a regal look.

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Oh wow... mind boggling!  :clap:
Very nice bear!

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Wow and WOW!! A very, very cool looking bear!!

Regards

Lisa

Lynn Wisconsin

Amazing bear Judi!!  I can't imagine how many hours it took you to complete him.

Lynn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Stunning bear, Judi!
Just brilliant!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

He is just stunning.  :clap:  Did you think about maybe adding one of those little beard things they used to wear?  :crackup:

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Totally fabulous as only you can make them, Judi - but the part I love the best is the ears sticking through that awesome head piece.   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh I thought that was sooo cute tooo, the way his ears peek out.  bear_wub
What a fantasic costume  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Stunning!!!!!!!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

He is breathtakingly beautiful.  I can just see the zillions of hours of work in him.  Just fabulous.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

What an amazing bear Judi, love him  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

What I think stands out about this is its not just the costume who makes him King Tut, but the face, the nose, the eyes. Fantastic! :dance:

bea Lodve (Hrault)

wow, wow, wowwww!!!...fantastic!!!... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you very much. :hug:
He was a time consuming  but very fun piece to make...except the head piece.  That took the longest to make and was not very enjoyable.  My family complained of the paint smell while I was layering the metallic gold color on his head piece....it was strong bear_wacko    If I ever make another the costuming again will be from scratch as I did not make a pattern. bear_whistle

Tami, he was not a custom order.  He was a piece I have had on my mind to create for quite some time.   For now, I am keeping him. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Wow! Wow! ....triple Wow!!! Absolutely amazing  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
What a treat that you are keeping him for yourself (for awhile at least)
bear_thumb
Kathy

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Wow Wow Wow!!!!

Judi, he is SOOOOO incredible!  He has such an accurate costume.  I have been completely obsessed with anything Egyptian for as long as I can remember.  For my OAC (Grade 13) art class, we had to pick a subject and base all of our work for the whole year on that subject.  Needless to say, I chose Egyptian!  I did four paintings, two sculptures, some pen and ink portraits and more stuff that I can't remember and I am watching any program on Egypt I find on TV.  He is freakin' fabulous.  One of my fave pieces of yours for sure!

Congrats on such a wonderful piece!

Jeremy

teeeej Brisbane

WOW! He is wonderful!! All that beading.....  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Perfect , Perfect , Perfect!!!  I Love him

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

He is really majestic and awesome, Judi.  I hope you keep him forever!  He is an absolute work of art!!!!

Kilde Posts: 186

He is amazing! Wow! No wonder he was so time consuming but he is truly a piece of art  bear_flower  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
MerBear wrote:

Did you think about maybe adding one of those little beard things they used to wear?  :crackup:

Marion

Yes, I did think of that Marion but wasn't sure if he'd look ...well...funny :crackup:

Thank you very much for all your nice comments. bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh my the King Tut is outstanding !!!!  :clap:  :clap: 
He is truly beautiful bear (as a male bear...)
I dropped my jaw... bear_laugh

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

wow Judi ....... AMAZING !! hugs,
Louise x

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I was wondering what you would start the year off with Judi. And my goodness haven't you set the bar high for this year?
Your Egyptian bear is spectacular!! I just adore the way his ears are poking out.  bear_grin
He really is

breathetaking

Wendy :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Pages:

Board footer